7.5' Prelit Switchit Cashmere Hard Needle Bavarian Fir tree $48.02 ($198) @ Lowes.com

noehlp

7.5' Pre-lit Switchit Cashmere Hard Needle Bavarian Fir tree

Now $48.02 Was $198.00

Shipping is around $25, I think, which is high, but still a good deal for this tree.

http://images.lowes.com/product/converted/719046/719046974403md.jpg

I added a bottle of wood glue, bringing my total to $50.xx, and qualified for free UPS shipping for the tree. I do have to go and pick up the wood glue at my local Lowe's, though. I wanted to get a pretty pre-lit tree for next year, looks like I got it under control--TY.

I added a bottle of wood glue, bringing my total to $50.xx, and qualified for free UPS shipping for the tree. I do have to go and pick up the wood glue at my local Lowe's, though. I wanted to get a pretty pre-lit tree for next year, looks like I got it under control--TY.

Smart idea!

A few weeks ago we went into Michaels in Fort Worth and they had some of the upside down trees all decorated. While the decorations were nice..the tree just looked sooo weird!! Apparently that's the new thing...but I'd really be concerned about it getting top heavy and tumping over. :(

What's Behind This Insanity?

An upside-down Christmas tree! Who has ever heard of anything so ridiculous?

Well, you may be surprised to hear that an upside-down Christmas tree is one of the hottest fads of the season. But it's actually not so new!

Hanging fir trees upside down goes back to the Middle Ages, when Europeans did it to represent the Trinity. But now, Christmas trees are shaped with the tip pointing to heaven, and some think an upside-down Christmas tree is disrespectful or sacrilegious.

The trees were recently introduced to retailers for in-store displays, so more ornaments could be displayed at eye level to the buying public. And they left more floor space to hold extra stock of decorations.

But the upside-down Christmas trees have caught on, and are being sold to the public as a novelty piece. Target.com has a version that sells for $399 and comes pre-lit. Hammacher Schlemmer’s website has not been able to stay in stock.

Upside-down Christmas trees are either hung from a bracket on the ceiling like a chandelier, stood upside-down on a stand, or mounted tip-down on the wall.

What's Behind This Insanity?

An upside-down Christmas tree! Who has ever heard of anything so ridiculous?

Well, you may be surprised to hear that an upside-down Christmas tree is one of the hottest fads of the season. But it's actually not so new!

Hanging fir trees upside down goes back to the Middle Ages, when Europeans did it to represent the Trinity. But now, Christmas trees are shaped with the tip pointing to heaven, and some think an upside-down Christmas tree is disrespectful or sacrilegious.

The trees were recently introduced to retailers for in-store displays, so more ornaments could be displayed at eye level to the buying public. And they left more floor space to hold extra stock of decorations.

But the upside-down Christmas trees have caught on, and are being sold to the public as a novelty piece. Target.com has a version that sells for $399 and comes pre-lit. Hammacher Schlemmer’s website has not been able to stay in stock.

Upside-down Christmas trees are either hung from a bracket on the ceiling like a chandelier, stood upside-down on a stand, or mounted tip-down on the wall.

I swear my ds11 should sell his ideas. The other day we were putting up the tree and he asked if we could put on the branches in reverse order, lol. He wanted to do it just like that picture above! I couldn't imagine... but I guess people buy it! He's always coming up with these odd little ideas that I end up seeing eventually come to market. He's my little entrepreneur, too. He'll stand out in an ice storm to sell hot chocolate, lol. He asked for a guitar for Christmas so that he and his friend could play for money. :rolleyes: If he put those two skills together, the boy could make a killin'. Now if he'll just pay attention in school....

Hey, Richard Branson quit school and he's got quite a gig with the Virgin label -- but I'll never tell ds11 that. ;)