Xbox 360 Live 3-mo Gold Card Kit at ToysRUs - $14.98 (was $40)

samisma

So I'll admit that I don't know anything about video games. But I just found out that my godson is getting an XBox for Christmas and that's how I found this...

http://trus.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pTRU1-2881471dt.jpg

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2315296

List Price: $39.99

Our Price: $14.98

Features

Intelligent matchmaking, leagues, ladders, tournaments and more

Includes 3-mo. subscription and headset

Product Description

This value pack includes a 3-month subscription plus headset, the Xarcade Game - Joust, a $10 game rebate (for a limited time only), and 100 marketplace points. Xbox Live Gold offers the best online gaming experience with intelligent matchmaking, leagues, ladders, tournaments, and more. You can play with friends against the game with more cooperative titles than ever before or use Spectator Mode to watch and learn from the best players in the world. The Marketplace lets you try out new games with free demos and trailers and expand your games with free and premium content.

Note: Gift wrap is available for this item.

Item #: 358937

SKU: 6CCEF946

UPC/EAN/ISBN: 882224058636

Manufacturer #: BJ2-00012

Plus they are doing a special deal with XBox 360 purchases:

50% Off Select Xbox 360 Accessories Priced 49.99 Or Less With Purchase Of Any Xbox 360 Game System!

50% Off Select Xbox 360 Accessories Priced 49.99 Or Less With Purchase Of Any Xbox 360 Game System!

HOW IT WORKS

Click on the link "View Xbox 360 Game Systems" to choose the system to add to your cart THEN Click on the link "View Xbox 360 Accessories" to choose your accessory to add to your cart. Limit 1 Xbox 360 Accessory discount per order.

that deal though expires 11:59 PM Eastern Time on December 22, 2007

and yes.. i'm a toysrus/babiesrus junkie.

I honestly am not sure. I know nothing about Xbox 360 (or about anything except the original nintendo). I think you do...

But I'm still waiting for godson's dad to call me back so I know if I should buy it or not.

I have Xbox Live and if you pay annual it $59.95 a year. Also you have to be on xbox live to play any game online.

excellent. i ordered one for him. i didn't do any fancy shipping, so it'll be a late christmas present.

thanks for the input everyone!

btw: shipping was 5.69 making it $21.51 shipped ($0.84 tax)

other shipping options would be $13.95 for 2nd day, or $24.44 for next day shipping. and if you do bill me later you can save up to $15 of that.

I have Xbox Live and if you pay annual it $59.95 a year. Also you have to be on xbox live to play any game online.

I also have XBox Live, got the 13 month subscription card for $45 but if I got this would Xbox add the additional 3 months on to my current subscription? It's worth it just for the points and the headset. May have to call Xbox.

Called Xbox and apparently you have to wait until your subscription runs out before you can use this card. I still have about 9 months to go so I don't think I'll bother. The total for me came up to $22.40. I'll just add another $25 and get the 13 month.

That's a pretty good deal. A headset alone costs about that. And no, you don't have to wait until your subscription runs out to add it on. My son adds on to his account all the time and it just extends it. I might pick one up just because my son goes through the headsets alot. The wires in them just don't seem to hold up. You can only repair them so much and then they are history!