Where is the best place to return a toy without a receipt?

chefpatty

Target will let you do an exchange but you are limited to like 3 a year without a receipt. The item you exchange has to be in the same dept. (if you are exchanging a toy, you must get another toy.) and it has to be for the same or more. If you are returning something that is 9.99 you have to get something 9.99 or more. You can't (usually, sometimes you have somebody that will let you) get 2 5.00 items.

does that make sense? WalMart will give you a gift card that you can use whenever you want. I think you are limited to 3 a year there too???

Be careful at wal-mart, although they carry same items as other stores, the upc code is often a couple of digits off, so the retailer can track items sent to different stores. I know a couple of people this has happened to. Same item, different upc code . But you want know until you try!!!

Target will let you do an exchange but you are limited to like 3 a year without a receipt. The item you exchange has to be in the same dept. (if you are exchanging a toy, you must get another toy.) and it has to be for the same or more. If you are returning something that is 9.99 you have to get something 9.99 or more. You can't (usually, sometimes you have somebody that will let you) get 2 5.00 items.

does that make sense? WalMart will give you a gift card that you can use whenever you want. I think you are limited to 3 a year there too???

I think that policy has changed. I tried to return/exchange something that I had bought at Target this past summer and I could not since it had been over 90 days. They are changing the UPCs so that old products do not stay in the system. I even had a receipt.