8800 GT XFX for $200 at zipzoomfly.com

nirvana4all

the 512 GTS (g92 flavor), or a 512 GT? For price and perf difference I have seen, I am looking to see about maybe finding a 512 GT when i can afford it, or maybe the next ATI offering so I can overclock it all together w/ the Phenom I will get. Any clues what is next after the Phenom 9900's?

I haven't played an online game for a few months now (EQII, then DDO), which were all good with my Radeon 9800 PRO. Well I'll be damned if I didn't buy LOTO only to discover that although my system meets the minimum, it still won't play the game (it keeps locking up, even after reinstall, updated drivers and reinstall of DX9.0c). So then I tried Tabula Risa to the same effect. Grrr... I wasn't looking at upgrading right now, but I'm going to have to if I want to play any new games. =/

I've done the ATI cards for many years, but I was looking at doing the GeForce this time around just to try something different.

Oh and I know. Never play a game with only the minimum requirements. But Christmas is coming and the money went to gifts for others instead of gifts for me.

ATI has the 3850 and the 3870 positioned very well. The nice thing with them is that you can use AMD's Overdrive built in overclocking to OC the entire system using an amd chipset, GPU and CPU. It is now an entire platform, and to get the best out of it you use the whole platform, but unlike ye ole dell, it is not proprietary, you can use a different GPU if you want. I dont think they are on the outs at all.

ATI is just trading Half's w/ Nvidia right now IMHO. 1H08-probably ATI, 2H08-probably Nvidia lead.