OMG Officedepot.com

Not sure where to post this, feel free to move it. But I ordered something from Officedepot.com posted on this site. It was the MP3 player for 11.99. I got it and luckily I opened it and tried it out before gifting it because it was GOOD ON WIN98 ONLY! No upgrades and I tried to just plug in the USB and see if WinXP would recognize it. I tried to take it back to the store and they couldn't take it back because it was not an item the store carried. Frustrating but OK.. It was a super clearance item and the descripton was not on the item when I ordered it.

I emailed them today and they have already credited my account (for my entire order although I have written back and told them the mini fridge and personal CD player were GREAT so they might reverse those charges again!) AND they told me to KEEP the item and donate it or give it to someone!!!

In the time of complaining about companies I wanted to take a second and recommend this one! WOW!

And yes it probally would have cost them more for me to ship it back to them, BUT most companies would have told me to ship it back on MY DIME and refund me the difference.

I was really impressed!:eyepoppin

What is the item number, sku or UPC of this item? I'm still using Win98 so it would work for me. Thanks

Not sure where to post this, feel free to move it. But I ordered something from Officedepot.com posted on this site. It was the MP3 player for 11.99. I got it and luckily I opened it and tried it out before gifting it because it was GOOD ON WIN98 ONLY!

No upgrades and I tried to just plug in the USB and see if WinXP would recognize it. I tried to take it back to the store and they couldn't take it back because it was not an item the store carried. Frustrating but OK.. It was a super clearance item and the descripton was not on the item when I ordered it.

I emailed them today and they have already credited my account (for my entire order although I have written back and told them the mini fridge and personal CD player were GREAT so they might reverse those charges again!) AND they told me to KEEP the item and donate it or give it to someone!!!

In the time of complaining about companies I wanted to take a second and recommend this one! WOW!

And yes it probally would have cost them more for me to ship it back to them, BUT most companies would have told me to ship it back on MY DIME and refund me the difference.

Congrats! I had a simlilar (kinda) experience with them 2 Christmas's ago. I ordered 2 laptops from them on BF, had alot of shipping and ordering problems. Things got so mixed up that they ended up sending me a third laptop. When I called the HQ, they said just keep it for the trouble, and they even sent me 2 $100 GC's!

When OD messes up, they mess up bad, but when they make amends, they do it with style. :D

Congrats! I had a simlilar (kinda) experience with them 2 Christmas's ago. I ordered 2 laptops from them on BF, had alot of shipping and ordering problems. Things got so mixed up that they ended up sending me a third laptop. When I called the HQ, they said just keep it for the trouble, and they even sent me 2 $100 GC's!

When OD messes up, they mess up bad, but when they make amends, they do it with style. :D

Wowzers! And I was happy with my $12 and keep the crappy MP3 player!! Good for you and OD!

Not sure where to post this, feel free to move it. But I ordered something from Officedepot.com posted on this site. It was the MP3 player for 11.99. I got it and luckily I opened it and tried it out before gifting it because it was GOOD ON WIN98 ONLY! No upgrades and I tried to just plug in the USB and see if WinXP would recognize it. I tried to take it back to the store and they couldn't take it back because it was not an item the store carried. Frustrating but OK.. It was a super clearance item and the descripton was not on the item when I ordered it.

Congrats.

I just had the same thing happen to me with disney.com with some clothes I ordered one item was in the wrong size and they told me to keep it and they are going to send me out the correct size or give me credit...she was going to check the warehouse because I told her the item was highlighted in yellow with sub beside it (now why would you sub a xl with L is not for me to decided) so if its not available..i get my credit and keep the extra item :rwb:

OMG I just saw this post... I ordered that same MP3 player! I haven't opened it cuz we were gonna gift it! how embarrassing! It would be totally OBVIOUS if we gave that to someone that it was a clearance item... did u just email the customer service info on the OD website? thanks!

The Office Depot store in my town is always a stop for me. I find great deals in their clearence section and sometimes their clearence is extra 50% off.

I have only made one purchase online, but will do more shopping online since they have such good Customer Service.:D Which is such a rarity these days.

Happy Holidays!