Insignia Brand TV'S?

tokanm

I am looking for a 37-42 inch tv for the family christmas gift. I was at BB and looked at

the Insignia brand tv, the picture was crystal clear and bright. The sales person told me that

"Insignia is BB own brand but is actually made by Sony" I find this hard to believe, does

anyone know for sure and do you have any info/reports on the Insignia brand/

TIA

I used to work at Best Buy. At one point we watched a video about how our private label brands are made. I don't know if insignia was one of the brands they went over, but they were made by Best Buy themselves not outside companies. That said I have always heard that the actual LCD panel are only made by a couple of compainies(maybe LG and Samsung). All the other manufacturers do is put them together. When I had read that one point the article mentioned is the companies normally kept the best displays for themselves. If Sony is making Insignia TVs that is probobly also the case.

I am looking for a 37-42 inch tv for the family christmas gift. I was at BB and looked at

the Insignia brand tv, the picture was crystal clear and bright. The sales person told me that

"Insignia is BB own brand but is actually made by Sony" I find this hard to believe, does

anyone know for sure and do you have any info/reports on the Insignia brand/

TIA

I was at BB today and looking at the Insignia 42' plasma for 899.00. The sales associate I talked to said they were made by LG. It also had 12 months same as cash. I came home and found the same tv on line for 809.00. I also saw a coupon for $20 off of a purchase for atleast 175.00 somewhere on gottaDeal. I also thought this would make a nice family gift. Only problem....I never get to watch tv.

Many Best Buys will price match online prices. Especially if its a big site like Amazon, Buy, or NewEgg.

I was at BB today and looking at the Insignia 42' plasma for 899.00. The sales associate I talked to said they were made by LG. It also had 12 months same as cash. I came home and found the same tv on line for 809.00. I also saw a coupon for $20 off of a purchase for atleast 175.00 somewhere on gottaDeal. I also thought this would make a nice family gift. Only problem....I never get to watch tv.