Need "How to use CVS ECB for Dummies"

jenniahart

I just searched this forum and went through a bazillion posts with no luck. Can someone direct me to a good thread that will tell me the best ways to use my CVS ECBs for the most mileage? I shop there a lot but haven't paid much attention to ECBs.:cool:

This is a brief overview:

Every week I take the Sunday circular and my coupons and sit down and first of all see if I have any coupons that match anything that gives back an ECB. If I have a coupon I will definitely buy that product. I also use a $4.00 off $20.00 coupon everytime I go to CVS so I try and keep my purchases to $20.00 each time.

If your starting out for the first time - you have to buy whatever is going to give you back an ECB (usually it's a limit of 1 per card).........they will print out on your receipt........then next week I will roll-over my ECB's by using them on items that give you more ECB's.

At checkout - I have them scan my card first - then I put everything on the counter - then I hand them the $4.00 off $20.00 coupon - then I hand them my manufacturer's coupons and the very last thing I hand them are my ECB's for that week.

i've noticed that the weekly CVS ad hasn't been as great lately as it was in the past. i used to get great deals all the time, and now i'll get an occasionally deal on nuts or candy. :(

of course, i've been waiting for the next 20 ECB for 20 dollars in purchases.

i got some pretty decent deals at walgreens the other day, cruising their clearance hair items + coupons + savings book.

i've noticed that the weekly CVS ad hasn't been as great lately as it was in the past. i used to get great deals all the time, and now i'll get an occasionally deal on nuts or candy. :(

of course, i've been waiting for the next 20 ECB for 20 dollars in purchases.

i got some pretty decent deals at walgreens the other day, cruising their clearance hair items + coupons + savings book.

I've noticied that too! I will accumulate a bunch of ECBS and then the ads will be horrible for the next couple of weeks and then I have nothing to spend them on. The other problem is you can only use so much shampoo and Tylenol!

well with their holiday gifts out now, you might have a better chance to spend those ECBs on stuff you actually might use. I know mine had a rolling duffle bag and some other travel type things.

I'm forever buying Coke / Pepsi products, so I rarely buy toiletries with my ECBs.

I've noticied that too! I will accumulate a bunch of ECBS and then the ads will be horrible for the next couple of weeks and then I have nothing to spend them on. The other problem is you can only use so much shampoo and Tylenol!

I got a number of ECBs on Black Friday. If there aren't any good deals for the next few weeks I will use them on milk.

No CvS where I live, only where I work, so I had all these expiring soon ECB and got a temp transfer to a different area. I went in & bought a CVS giftcard with my ECB so I could use em up but start back at the ECB buying when I get back to the area. The cashier was going to try using them for purchase of a different store gift card but I didn't have my fine print glasses and I didn't want to purchase one that cost $$$ just to activate so I didn't see if that would work. Bottom line: if the ads stay bad, buy a giftcard!

No CvS where I live, only where I work, so I had all these expiring soon ECB and got a temp transfer to a different area. I went in & bought a CVS giftcard with my ECB so I could use em up but start back at the ECB buying when I get back to the area. The cashier was going to try using them for purchase of a different store gift card but I didn't have my fine print glasses and I didn't want to purchase one that cost $$$ just to activate so I didn't see if that would work. Bottom line: if the ads stay bad, buy a giftcard!

technically, they arent supposed to let you buy a GC with them.

Good idea, I had not thought of that before....:

My CVS will NOT let you buy GC with EB. I tried because mine were about to expire, they even called the maneger up and he said no. I called the main office and they too told me no. I guess it depends on the cashier....

It says right on them cannot be used to purchase alcohol, tobacco, GIFT CARDS, or pre-paid cards. Your cashier was right.