I bet next year will have great deals on

lovebears65

TVS since 09 is when they turn off the analog . I know you still can use your anolog tv witha converter box but I am sure most people will just want to get newer tvs.. So I hoping for some killer deals since I will need at least 2 or 3 next bf. I am getting one this year for my DS#3 and most likly one for my living room so my older tow boys will need one next year . Tyler is getting a laptop and digital camera this year and Joshua is getting a computer and dad got him a car but he doesnt know its his in the drive way lol DH has to do some major work to it before its safe enough for him to dirve it

Next year will be the year of the LCD tv. LCDs are inexpensive, use less energy, and are about to get very good. Two new technologies will put LCDs under everyone's tree: 1) the refresh rate will double (Toshiba already sells 120hz sets). This will make the sports nuts happy. Replacing fluorescent backlighting with LED backlighting will dramatically improve image quality -- so much for laser projection sets.

The third development will be that 1080p will become the standard -- less jaggies.

Everyone knows this so the vendors will need to compete on features and price. Good for us , of course. And this year's technology will need to be cleared out, so maybe you can put a 42" lcd in the garage ;)

PCs will be hot again next year. Vista machines are worth buying this year -- but none of the machines worth buying were offered at BF prices. Next year I expect Vista laptops and desktops to be the rage. Big LCDs, big disks, fast cpus, memory, and video cards are getting cheap. Readyboost devices are in freefall. Vista sales are not meeting expectations. We are going to see some amazing Vista computers on the shelf next BF. Big change will be that laptops will finally run games well as AMD leverages their ATI purchase and Intel teams with nvidia.

My kids got vista desktops this year, so we will be looking at excellent laptops next year.

Finally, a Digital SLR in every stocking. It really doesn't cost anything to make a good digital camera. Now that we all have point'n'shoot cameras and the early adopters are broke, the DSLR makers will give us all amazing cameras. These same folks will deliver the first useful solid state video cameras next year -- but not for BF (64g solid state drives are under $1000 now).

And I need a GPS that listens to me -- "take me to Disneyworld."

See you all next year!

Well, I'm still hoping for a wii next year. We weren't able to get one again this year...

I would like to get dh a good GPS system, as that had to be passed on this year too.

I wouldn't mind a good SD camcorder, but I don't shop for myself, and my dh refuses to go out on BF.

A good idea of what will be hot next BF will be whatever is big next month at CES. Last year, the digital picture frames and GPS units were all over the place and HDTV is always hot. The stuff that is first being announced in the next couple months will be the stuff that gets released in the fall.

4 GB flash drives ... I am a person who never prints or downloads just buys a new one. I did however pick myself up a Digitial Frame to put the card in. Will see the pictures that way. I am just hoping for another good deal on laptops before Christmas. With no Best Buy or CC I am limited to Walmart and American Furniture. American :(had one for 299. had 6 and hubby was 7 in line UGH.

TVS since 09 is when they turn off the analog . I know you still can use your anolog tv witha converter box but I am sure most people will just want to get newer tvs..

Maybe, but you can't even find a non-digital TV on store shelves right now anyway unless you buy it on clearance or at closeout stores like Big Lots... Manufacturers were required to include digital tuners (or no tuner at all) on all new models back in February. This was the end of a three year transition, which started off with large TV's the first year and ended with the smallest TV's and any other device that tunes television broadcasts (VCR's, etc.) this year.

Also remember, cable and satellite subscribers are not actually affected by the digital switch.

4 GB flash drives ... I am a person who never prints or downloads just buys a new one. I did however pick myself up a Digitial Frame to put the card in. Will see the pictures that way. I am just hoping for another good deal on laptops before Christmas. With no Best Buy or CC I am limited to Walmart and American Furniture. American :(had one for 299. had 6 and hubby was 7 in line UGH.

I hope you at least stick the memory cards in digital photo frames... All those memories are stuck in a desk drawer some place otherwise. :yup:

A good idea of what will be hot next BF will be whatever is big next month at CES. Last year, the digital picture frames and GPS units were all over the place and HDTV is always hot. The stuff that is first being announced in the next couple months will be the stuff that gets released in the fall.

After CES all of the stores will go to the product makers and make deals so they can have product on hand for BF and the shopping season. The BF ads are created Jan, Feb and March and most people dont know that.