CC cancelled my laptop order!

honora152

When the CC website came up late Wed night/Thurs morning, I looked for the 399 laptop- oh joy! Available over the phone only it said.

I called and placed my order, but the non-native English speaker was not able to get a confirmation order to come up for me. He said it should arrive by email within 24-48 hours. The next day, I got a call from CC customer service asking if I had placed this order- I said "yes, can I have a confirmation number now, please?" I got the same answer- 24-48 hours via email.

Now, today, I finally get an email from CC saying that although my card had been charged, my order had been cancelled and I could expect a bank refund within- you guessed it, 24-48 hours. Oh the irony. Is there anything I can do to get my laptop back? I quit shopping after I placed this order- had I known my order wasn't good I would have shopped elsewhere :(

Thanks all.

They busted a deal on my "Countdown to Thanksgiving " offer also. I sent the following to CUSTOMER NO SERVICE on Nov. 19:

-----------

Sunday's "Thanksgiving Countdown" for ACER 4315-2490 ($ 279.99 w/ rebate) was supposed to be "web only". Checkout page directed me to "instore purchace only" and "in stock at Tigard, OR store". I called 1-800-843-2489 (Jeff) and confirmed "in store only & in stock @ Tigard" !

First in line, I was first told "not in stock". (John & Austin) . Then went to YOUR web site & price had increased to $ 599 without any rebate.

Neither Manager, John or Austin knew anything about "Thanksgiving Countdown" offer of $ 279.99 with rebate. Manager refused later delivery of same deal.

I would like CC to honor my "Thanksgiving Countdown " offer.

---------

My reply came in today:

-----------

Thank you for contacting circuitcity.com regarding items with a limited quantity. Depending on inventory availability, Circuit City may limit quantities per household on the sale of a particular item. Doing so helps us ensure better availability for all interested customers. If you were unable to purchase an item due to limited quantities, please check back with us, as our inventory is updated and expanded daily.

Unfortunately, the promotion was only valid for a specified time frame, and the promotion cannot be honored retroactively. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.To purchase any of our products, please call us at 1-800-843-2489.

We appreciate your choosing Circuit City!

Sincerely,

James R.

Customer Support Coordinator

Contact ID #182413

-------------

Some kinda customer support, huh?

Thoroughly disappointing. I also sent an email, and I imagine I'll be experiencing a similar thing. I called their "Customer Service" number and was told that I could re-order. "But they're sold out on-line, and in the stores" I replied. "We cannot sell you a sold out item. Check back later" I asked if the Black Friday price would be honored, but that was a big fat no, unsurprisingly. le sigh. And here I was congratulating myself about avoiding lines this year for the first time.

Guess the lesson is- if you want something done right, you got to go shop for it yourself. This is the first year I didn't camp out for BF. I'm just sooo bummed because I'd finally saved enough for a BF laptop this year. Heck, if I could just get my money back quickly enough, that might be salvageable, but from what I've heard they're none too quick to come up with those refunds either.

I went through that with my video games to begin with no order number, getting billed, then having to replace the order . I sent three emails and many calls. I finally got my order with the label on the outside telling you what was inside the packaged. I got hung up on twice today, and no one would connect me to a supervisor. At least your emails got an answer the lady told me today it could take 3-6 weeks.

I am sorry about the laptop that sucks.

They were NEVER sold out of that "Countdown to Thanksgiving" special ACER laptop.

They merely changed the order of the model from AS 2490 - 4315, from AS 4315 - 2490 and gave it a different SKU.

It is NOW mysteriously BACK IN STOCK after having been OUT OF STOCK at the lower price.

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Acer-Aspire-4315-2490-14-1-Widescreen-Laptop-AS4315-2490/sem/rpsm/oid/196355/catOid/-12963/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

Lying, cheatin bastards.