Frustrated with Kohls

katiesmommy01

So I went to Kohls to pick up 2 heated mattress pads for our house (on sale for $39.99 and 49.99, twin/full)...found where they were supposed to be :cheesy:, but there were only Queen sizes :gdparanoid:. So I looked for an associate, finally finding half a dozen over in toys (none in the bedding section)...they talked to each other and then told me that they had to remove all of the other sized heated mattress pads because of some manufacturers defect and they were all in the storeroom. So I asked if I could get a raincheck for the price and then come back and get them another time when they were back in stock...they sent me to customer service...and I waited in line...finally I spoke with a not so nice associate who looked at me like i was trying to con her...then she called the store manager...who confirmed that they had been taken off the shelves...and my request for a raincheck was DENIED because they didnt know if they would get that model or another one and didnt want to give me too good of a deal! :eyepoppin UNBELIEVABLE. I told her that it was the only reason I had even come to Kohls today and she was like, i don't care...next. So I ended up not getting what I came for and being insulted all in one trip...not happy about it.:no:

that's about par for Kohls. They pretty much treat customers as if they are doing you a favor by allowing you to shop there. I have never had good luck with customer service there (and that's when you can even FIND an associate). I guess that's the trade-off for great prices/deals. and that my dear would be why I shop online.

Guest vhjetski81
I went for the $1.99 board games only to find out that they were really $3.99 with $2.00 mail-in rebates. Also, they did not have a single electric razor that was supposed to be on sale! I was one of the first few people inside and the first one to run over there so I know they didn't sell out. When I asked different associates about items there reply was always "it should be in the isle"...and it never was.:(

I'm on the opposite side of the fence with Kohl's right now, this was my first year bf shopping at Kohl's and I gotta tell ya, I'll never miss it again! This was the only store I was able to get everything I wanted at. The line was long, but it went smoothly, someone came along offering us bottled water and candy, the employees were super nice.

Yep, I was completely impressed with Kohl's. It was the highlight of my bf experience.

I just placed a rather large order and half of my stuff came and half of another persons. So they re-filled the order. I guess I expected maybe a 10% off or something but nothing was mentioned. The store in our town is filled with really crabby people also.

Try sending an email to this address: [email protected]

I had pretty much the same problem with a fairly small online order. First, they split it up into 4 different shipments, even though everything would have fit into the largest box I received. All of the orders came from the same distribution center, two of them were sent within 5 minutes of each other, and all of them were sent with 6 hours of each other. The first 3 packages arrived 3 weeks after I placed the order, and I knew things were screwed up from the shipping confirmation emails I had received. I had received the Kohl's Cash coupons two weeks earlier but didn't use them because I they expired less than a week after they were received and, at that point, I was contemplating sending everything back because it had been so long and I knew even before anything arrived that the orders were wrong. Anyway, once the packages arrived, some of them had packing slips for my stuff but items that someone else had apparently ordered, some had items that were supposed to be items that I ordered but they sent wrong sizes, etc., and some of the items were simply not shipped and then cancelled with no explanation even though the items were still in stock and available.

After trying to deal with customer service for a week and getting nowhere, I finally sent a detailed group email to every corporate email address I could find. Someone replied from the address above and was very accommodating. She credited me for everything that I didn't receive and every incorrect item (based solely on my email), told me to donate or dispose of everything that I received that I did not order, credited me another $20 for the two Kohl's Cash coupons that I didn't use because of the mess, and then sent me a $25 gift card for my trouble. She also offered me a 20% discount if I wanted to re-order the stuff I didn't get, but I politely declined and purchased the items in a store. Never again will I ever order anything from them online, but I have to say that, when I finally found the right person, she really went out of her way to make me happy.

I was double charged for a $30 item on Black Friday. I called that morning when I got home and was looking over the sales slips. I called my store and they told me if I wanted to be credited the $30, I need to come in right away. So, I did. I got a $10 gift card for my trouble.

I love Kohls.

Kohl's seemed to be pretty well organized. There were associates coming outside to the people standing in line to tell them where items were located. BUT...they did not have 2 of the 3 specific things I wanted in stock. Another girl and I were the first ones to the video games and they did not have even 1 of the 2pk PS2 or Gameboy games in stock. And the electric blanket I wanted had something else stuffed into it's place and I was told that they sold out during last weekend's sales and did not get any more in stock. I am not too upset about it because I did have backup plans on those items. All in all, Kohl's was ok.

I was pleased with my Kohl's BF experience although it took a lot longer to check out than I anticipated. I knew I was going to wait in line but it seemed as if I waited a lot longer than I did last year. I got everything I went in for and even got help out to my car by one of the associates who actually said it was her job to help out guests. What a concept! Lesson learned for next year is I'll get there earlier.

I got in line at Kohls at 3:25 and was in the first 35 people in the door... got all of the door busters I wanted and MUCH MORE!!! The store opened at 4:00 I got in, got my mixer, wireless guitars for PS2 Guitar hero, deep fryer, couple toys, blender, digital photo frames, and portable DVD player and was checked out (per my receipt) at 4:08... I got in line just before it started to wrap around the store, and I was on my way to the next opening... It was a good experience at Kohls for me!!! :)