Kitchenaid Artisan @ Amazon.com $199

Question...

Amazon.com has the Kitchenaid Artisan on special for $199 - how do I know if this is a new or reconditioned unit? Also, I understand lower overhead given they are an online site, but how can they sell this so cheap if it is a new unit?

here is the link

http://www.amazon.com/KitchenAid-KSM150PSWH-Artisan-5-Quart-Mixer/dp/B00005UP2K/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1195652496&sr=8-1

Thanks

Last year my grandmother was able to buy that stand mixer from Amazon for $150! You just need to keep looking, they will lower and raise their prices on the stand mixers and it also depends on what color you want. I am unsure where I heard this, but the Artisan is suppose to have a price drop so they shouldn't be $299.99 like they're being sold for. And no, it won't be refurbished unless they specify it. I just got one for $199 at Mervyn's, but it was the Heavy Duty Plus, I know when I was there yesterday, they still had some left, unsure if you have a Mervyn's near ya, it also came w/ a $10 MIR.

The $179 ater rebate price will be about as low as they'll go. They went for around $150-155 last year because Amazon also had a $25 off $125 coupon, but they stopped those coupons about a year ago. The rebate also ends in a week or so.