Office Depot Online Black Friday Deals [NOW ONLINE!]

bopen

Oh man...they have a deal on there for an HP laptop at $499 that seems like a real steal. This machine looks MUCH stronger than most being offered. It's got 2 gigs ram (upgradeable to 4), 120 gig HD, Lightscribe DL DVD burner, express card slot, and even a firewire input. I don't think you'll find anything close to this at other scores for this price. I'm seriously debating whether or not to pick one up. Man, that thing would scream at 4 gigs...

I'm wanting to buy the HP laptop, but the rebate form says good for purchases between 11/23 and 11/24. Also the instant savings havent kicked in yet when you go to product details. Anybody know when the sale prices are going to be active and what time zone this is offered in so that i would officially buy it on 11/23??

Ok I'm mad now.. Was waiting to buy the HP laptop for $499 like it advertises online as an "online hot deal"... Website updated and applied the mail in rebate info but not the instant savings as advertised ($100). Called cust svc, waited on hold for 20 mins, then they tell me that the instant savings is only good in store. I was like, thats not what it says online.. All she would say is she was sorry for the error.... GRRR. Any chance she doesnt know what she is talking about and that discount will show up?

Ok I'm mad now.. Was waiting to buy the HP laptop for $499 like it advertises online as an "online hot deal"... Website updated and applied the mail in rebate info but not the instant savings as advertised ($100). Called cust svc, waited on hold for 20 mins, then they tell me that the instant savings is only good in store. I was like, thats not what it says online.. All she would say is she was sorry for the error.... GRRR. Any chance she doesnt know what she is talking about and that discount will show up?

Yes, you are correct, I have been waiting for it to kick in. It says right there, $499 with instant savings under online hot deals

The TV right next to it has the instant savings?

I think their online prices are too high, I was looking at the ad and it says the computer is $699 instore with $200 worth of discounts and also the 2gb card says the same thing

I have copied the webpage with all the online offers and it clearly says "Hot Online Offers" and at the bottom of the page it says "**Instant Savings Reflected in "Our Price". I proceeded thru checkout and saw the Instant Savings did not get subtracted.

I am waiting for a customer service rep and expect to complain bitterly if they don't honor their online banner ad. It's there in living color and makes no reference to in-store pricing.

I'll let you know how I make out with the Cust Svc.:confused::confused:

Ok - I've also captured the online banner ad that clearly states "online price 699.99" not the 799.99 that the cart stated.

You've got to get back to customer service and get your order corrected to the 699.99 price!!!

I have copied the webpage with all the online offers and it clearly says "Hot Online Offers" and at the bottom of the page it says "**Instant Savings Reflected in "Our Price". I proceeded thru checkout and saw the Instant Savings did not get subtracted.

I am waiting for a customer service rep and expect to complain bitterly if they don't honor their online banner ad. It's there in living color and makes no reference to in-store pricing.

I'll let you know how I make out with the Cust Svc.:confused::confused:

best buys site was getting hammered last night and the same thing happened, slowly the correct prices started to show, it was still going on when i went to bed and prices where still being updated 2hrs into the initial sale...

Cust Rep is now cancelling my previous order at 799.99 and placing a new order at 699.99. They apologized for the mistake but could not change an order already placed at the 799.99 level.

It's now complete at 699.99 - had to wait 25 minutes on the phone to get it completed. That plus the 2 mail-in rebates for $200 makes it $499.99

Did you just say it was priced incorrectly on the website?

Yes the website is not setting the price at $699.99 that is supposed to be the Office Depot "Our Price" for the online sale.

It looks like it can only be taken as a phone order.

Good Luck it's 40 winks and I'm up in a few hours.:)

Yes the website is not setting the price at $699.99 that is supposed to be the Office Depot "Our Price" for the online sale.

It looks like it can only be taken as a phone order.

Good Luck it's 40 winks and I'm up in a few hours.:)

You were very lucky I just had a tit for tat with a CS rep for 10 minutes. She said it is the in store price only. So I guess I will call corporate in the morning.

yea, you are really lucky. i also called customer service- lady said they were told yesterday(!) that it is only an in-store offer. i don't get how come they didn't update their site then. she gave me the # for corporate office- anyone know what time they open in the morning? it might just be more worth it to go to the actual store.

yea, you are really lucky. i also called customer service- lady said they were told yesterday(!) that it is only an in-store offer. i don't get how come they didn't update their site then. she gave me the # for corporate office- anyone know what time they open in the morning? it might just be more worth it to go to the actual store.

To all: feel free to PM me with your email and I can send a copy of the webpages that I picked off last night that clearly says $699.99 online price. I am out shopping now and I can't see if the webpages are still up. You can use the copies to send to corporate as evidence that it was not an in-store ad but an online offer.

Good Luck!

What a joke, I stayed up to 2 am to get this deal and some of the other things (which none were working) and now it says discountinued on the computer and they fixed the other things. I really now don't want to order the items, especially after calling 3-4 times and being disconnected each time

I ended up waking up really early Friday morning so that I could call the corporate office. Being me, I checked the laptop page again and the price was actually changed!! I placed my order really quickly because I was scared they would change it and got my confirmation email right away. Later on in the day, I was in the store because I wanted to check out a camera. And guess what- even though both customer service representatives I had spoken to in middle of the night insisted it was only an in-store deal, the guy I spoke to in the store said no, it was only an online deal and the price in the store was same as always. He said the representatives I spoke to must have gotten their info wrong. It figures that the store was practically empty.