TIVO HD Available with Product Lifetime Service (again)!

DaveL

"TiVo Product Lifetime Subscriptions to the TiVo service cover the life of the TiVo Digital Video Recorder (DVR) you buy--not the life of the subscriber."

And at the rate that technology changes, that could easily be a pretty short life when you consider the price tag. It's not HD, but it's free. I'll stick with my rabbit ears and VCR, thank you!

I bought the lifetime subscription of Tivo when I bought my Tivo/Directv rec. I have called them since and found out that my house, not the box is lifetime. I was informed that I can add as meny Directv/Tivo boxes as I want in my house without any additional payments for Tivo, just the $5 per receiver if it has Tivo or not like everyone else does.

Just some info to look into for others.

Just be sure your cable company isn't fully moving to SDV (switched digital video) anytime soon.

I've had the Tivo Series 3 (HD) model for over a year now, and my cable company (Time Warner) has started adding new HD channels but is only making them available to those with cable boxes/DVRs.

Different areas have different situations. Some cable companies are moving faster than others to SDV. You don't want to pay $700 for a lifetime sub only to find out in 6 months that you can't get many of your favorite channels using the Tivo.