4 a.m. opening? who would really go...

BF in Iowa

My sister, Mom and I got to Kohl's by 4am and the parking lot was full...everyone must have made them the first stop. It was nuts and the line for check out was 1 and a half hour wait!! It was sure fun though!!

My 2 hours and 45 minutes to check out was worth it also-

I got the Bella Kitchen rotating Belgian wafflemaker for $29.99 - it is $69.99, Bella Kitchen 4-in-1 Grill griddle for $39.99 after $10.00 mail in rebate - regularly $119.99 - bonus $20 Kohl's cash for these items, 2 pillows, a fleece blanket, fuzzy socks and 4 foot care items. I still managed to get all my items from Target too.

Kohl's was my 3rd stop this morning, and I got pretty much everything I was looking for, plus a million other things. ;)

At my first pass by the registers, there were long lines. By the time I was really ready to check out, there was literally no one in line ahead of me - that was maybe 8:00 AM.

the line at my kohls was streched all the way across the front of the store and down the sidewalk. this was @ 3:45, so much for who would be @ Kohl's. But I still got everything I wanted. Long line to the check-out 45min. to be exact but it was okay.

We went to Kohl's twice Friday, once at 4 when they opened up - lines were long but not too bad, I picked up everything I *had* to have, but missed out on the gba games. Went back later because my dh wanted to look at their leather jackets again after seeing what everyone else was offering and although it was noon - the lines were worse than they were in the morning. This time I stuck my dh in line and was able to dig around the store to get some crazy deals on clothes for myself. Something I had not done earlier because I was waiting in line while dh shopped. :D

Oh, and by the time they opened up at 4 there were probably at least a 1000 people even though it was frigid cold. We waited in the car until the end of the line got almost to the door and then got out.

Kohl's will continue to be my first stop from now on. ESPECIALLY if they keep doing the 4 am thing, I got out of there in plenty of time to go walk into Best Buy at opening and then to Target at opening. :D

I was there and in the very long line for the 4 a.m. opening, but I (and everyone else in line) was extremely irritated about the huge number of people that sat in their cars until the doors opened and then forced their way in front of those of us that had been standing in line. Personally, I think that ALL stores should put up chains or something to contain the line and at least try to keep that from happening.

That said, I was also appalled at the number of people who dragged babies and small children out in the middle of the night just to go shopping. I even heard of one case where a couple went to a midnight madness sale at some mall and left a 3-year-old child in the car. Apparently, someone noticed the child in the car crying at 3:00 am and called the police, and the parents were arrested and the child was turned over to the grandparents. I'm sorry, but no sale is worth treating a child that way.

I was there and in the very long line for the 4 a.m. opening, but I (and everyone else in line) was extremely irritated about the huge number of people that sat in their cars until the doors opened and then forced their way in front of those of us that had been standing in line. Personally, I think that ALL stores should put up chains or something to contain the line and at least try to keep that from happening.

That said, I was also appalled at the number of people who dragged babies and small children out in the middle of the night just to go shopping. I even heard of one case where a couple went to a midnight madness sale at some mall and left a 3-year-old child in the car. Apparently, someone noticed the child in the car crying at 3:00 am and called the police, and the parents were arrested and the child was turned over to the grandparents. I'm sorry, but no sale is worth treating a child that way.

I gotta say I agree 100% wiith what you are saying. We got to Kohl's at 3:00 but were unwilling to brave the cold so we sat in the car waiting until the line was pretty much in before we even got out. I got in at the tail end of the line. It just wasn't fair to barge in on people who had shivered in the cold. And the babies - we saw a newborn out there in the 20 degree weather. Several shoppers - myself included were quite vocal about how horrible that was to not only expose that baby to the freezing cold, but to the huge amount of germs that had to be floating about. :no:

The lines at my Kohl's were horrendous. I waited 45 minutes to check out during the late morning time (11 am). I would not have chosen to go there except my non-driving teen wanted clothing! Next year, she will be driving herself there and standing in line herself.

this was our first year with a Kohls in town...literally there were NO parking spots at 3am...couldn't even find the end of the line, so we went to another store. Went back to Kohl's at 8am and although we could park and get in to the store, the lines were all around the entire store...my sil found some stuff she wanted though, so we stood in line...for over an hour...ugh