Best deal on Ipod

You will want to find out whether she wants a shuffle, nano, ipod classic, or ipod touch. Then we can help you find a great deal on that specific one.

I've found that macmall.com usually has the best price. They normally run like a dollar or two less than retail but they come with about a hundred dollars worth of accessories. They also run clearance type deals on the last generation of ipods.

You will want to find out whether she wants a shuffle, nano, ipod classic, or ipod touch. Then we can help you find a great deal on that specific one.

I've found that macmall.com usually has the best price. They normally run like a dollar or two less than retail but they come with about a hundred dollars worth of accessories. They also run clearance type deals on the last generation of ipods.

Oh man, she did not tell me any specifics. She is twelve, I wonder what is most common for her age group?

Oh man, she did not tell me any specifics. She is twelve, I wonder what is most common for her age group?

Probably the iPod Nano. I'm going to guess that she probably doesn't have enough music to come close to filling up a "Classic" and that the iTouch is too expensive to be practical for a 12 yr old, and the Shuffle lacks a screen, so that only leaves the iPod Nano.

So now the question is whether to get the 4 GB or the 8 GB. http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/Marcster2005/Smileypad/Hmmm/scratchchin.gif

Although I have a Shuffle and I'm very happy with it. It went dead 11 months into the standard 12 month warranty and they overnighted me a replacement and had me send the old one back postage-paid. No fuss, no muss. Apple is top notch in that regard. I do wish my Shuffle had a screen though.

I am definately technology challenged. My DD wants an Ipod for Christmas. Can someone direct me to the best deaL?

Thanks so much in advance!!

I would go to Apple.com and get a refurbished one for a 12 year old. Go under search and type in refurbished ipod. The items change daily

The apple website for refurbs is the best bet probably, last year there were some killer deals all the way up to christmas, you just gotta keep checking everyday at the refurb section to see whats there

If you start looking at refurbs, just remember that 1st generation Nanos are a different shape and cannot play videos.

if you buy refurbished from apple does it still come looking brand new in the original box or does it come in non-retail packaging and say it's refurbished or something?

It looks brand new. They put new "skins" on it. Not a scratch anywhere. I think the box might say that it's refurb but take it out the box and put it in something else to make the surprise better. I bought both of my boys ones last year and they are stillworking.

I just bought 2 refurbished nano's on the apple site today. Paid $99 for 4mb and bought the 2 year extended warranty for $40 each. So for $140 I bought what is now selling for $199. fyi - you can't engrave the refurbished ones. 1st time I've bought a refurbished anything but based upon the reviews, I thought it was worth the chance.

I just bought 2 refurbished nano's on the apple site today. Paid $99 for 4mb and bought the 2 year extended warranty for $40 each. So for $140 I bought what is now selling for $199. fyi - you can't engrave the refurbished ones. 1st time I've bought a refurbished anything but based upon the reviews, I thought it was worth the chance.

I hate to tell you, but what you bought was the previous generation. It will not play videos (if that matters to you) and it's a clunkier shape.

Also, the current generation (3rd gen) have dropped in price. Amazon.com has them brand-new for $179 w/ free ship (and the standard 1 year warranty):

http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=amb_link_1472472_4?ie=UTF8&node=15761351&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-4&pf_rd_r=0JH5CJ5K1MCZVKCNP34E&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=318983901&pf_rd_i=13660271

So, for $30 less (each) your Nano won't play videos and won't be compatible with some of the next generation's accessories. But, you'll have an extra year of warranty...

You can probably cancel your Apple order if you need to. Depends on if it matters to you...