The ghost of Sam Walton contacts me...

Brad

Here's how I have the last laugh. Walmart doesn't understand that a lot of people develop a plan of where they are going for which gifts, I've already made mine. Other links have spreadsheets and people have made up their minds where they are making their purchases. It doesn't include Walmart because their ad wasn't complete early enough like most others. Call me lazy, but why should I change my plan for gifts for one or two items at Walmart that I can get at other locations? I won't, its not worth it. So, because they had such precious secrets...they have lost a lot of business. Great plan Walmart.....

Walmart employees were supportive of this crap, Brad?

Hardly. My mom is a dept manager and when I told her I got the ad off of BitTorrent at the beginning of last week, she told the store manager and he asked for a copy on CD, which I gave him.

None of the folks at the local Wally found any of this BS amusing.

Walmart employees were supportive of this crap, Brad?

Hardly. My mom is a dept manager and when I told her I got the ad off of BitTorrent at the beginning of last week, she told the store manager and he asked for a copy on CD, which I gave him.

None of the folks at the local Wally found any of this BS amusing.

As I said, I'm not saying all of them (or even the majority), but they are the only employees to come on the site and so emphatically support what Wal-Mart did with their threats. I've never seen that from any other store that has threatened us in the 5 years I've had a BF site.

I've never seen that from any other store that has threatened us in the 5 years I've had a BF site.

If something is different, there is a reason. I think they were astroturfing (fake mail-in campaigns made to look like grassroots).

I understand your position, Brad. The truth is, you're blameless. It isn't like this is DailyKos.com, where people are expecting you torch some buildings.

I just fail to understand how Walmart can possibly benefit from looking like the bad guy. You're giving them free friggin advertising and access to thousands (millions?) of people who WANT to make a big deal out of their BF kickoff to the holiday shopping season!!

I sure hope this is not the full ad. I think they saw all of the negative comments about the blits items listed and thought it over! That would make sense. But I all know, is it better be some great savings to make change my mind. As of right now, I will not even grace Walmart with my appereance this BF. There is no need to go there.

There is one more page (page 4) listed on Wal-mart's website, but it doesn't have anything spectacular. They started revealing their secret deals...and so far it is a $139 Kitchenaid Mixer and a $499 PS3 bundle. I'm not interested in either of them.