If I want to be in the top 5 in the TRU line, what time do I need to get there?

EliteABombAZ

Though I mentioned in another thread here I wasn't going to hit TRU first (I was planning on CC), comments I'm reading here and in various other places are making me rethink it. Is TRU's line really that much shorter than the other big name places? If so, there is one near where I will be that has a BB right near it. It is actually on the way to CC so I guess I'll check there before going, and if it isn't bad, TRU will be my first choice.

Thing is with my decision, I don't want to be there more than an hour before opening if possible. I'm going for an item-- the gold Zelda DS bundle-- which I think may sell out very quickly (so I'm worried about my chances) but probably isn't one of the top ones that require an all-night wait. TRU's deal on it, with a 50% off accessory, is good, but BB's is better so maybe those wanting one will be waiting there?

For those who may be from the area, I'm from DeLand, FL but will be doing my BF shopping in the Tampa area since I'll be there visiting the family. The TRU I'm thinking of is north of Tampa in Pasco County, but the CC in mind is closer to Tampa, so I'm also considering that staying farther away from Tampa might be better. On the other hand, CC has some other items we want. :g_think:

we usually go to tampa to shop. (because we have family there) but i went to gainsville last year. at tru was first in line at midnight. they were shocked. so they gave me 2- $10.00 gift cards. cool, I didn't want anything but the deals In tampa it's crazy too I was glad I got there early by the time I came out talk about night mare for the people in the back of the line.. I would have hated to be them lol:tired: :tired: :tired:

I went to TRU this morning to get the Wii games. I was about #30 in line at store opening. The store cashiers were soo slow. I didn't get to the register until 9:45 (45 min after opening) and was in line for electronics the entire time. LOL I guess the point is that you better carve out a LONG wait even after getting inside. I have driven past TRU Thurs evening at midnight and they already had a long line of about 45 people. I think you better get there at least mid-afternoon Wed to get near the front, and then expect not to get out of there for another 1-2 hours after you get in the store.

I went to TRU this morning to get the Wii games. I was about #30 in line at store opening. The store cashiers were soo slow. I didn't get to the register until 9:45 (45 min after opening) and was in line for electronics the entire time. LOL I guess the point is that you better carve out a LONG wait even after getting inside. I have driven past TRU Thurs evening at midnight and they already had a long line of about 45 people. I think you better get there at least mid-afternoon Wed to get near the front, and then expect not to get out of there for another 1-2 hours after you get in the store.

Where are you located?

Location for sure. I know about 9 minutes before opening our's appears to have about 75-100 people in line (I drive by every BF on my way to Walmart- though this year I might be going here first).

I know I usually get to our TRU 3rd on my list (about 1.5 hrs after opening) and the lines are usually a solid 45-60 minute wait for checkout. The biggest reason I won't go here first usually.

In my area, if you want to be in the top 5- you have to be there by 1am at least. If anything, if TRU is your first stop, get there by 12-1am then sit in the car. Once you see people coming into the parking lot, get to the doors to start a line. I always go SUPER early to any store and wait in the car till I see this. Im usually first or second doing this every year (of course not at the electrical stores like BB or CC !!!!)

a couple of years ago walmart opened at five and we were there in line for it my brother in law woke up at five and rushed to toysrus they opened at six and we were in and out of walmart within 15 minutes and went to toysrus and my brother in law was one person ahead and lady in between us told us if we wanted to move foward with him and we told her no as they opened the door everybody walked in calmly and it was so different than walmart or anywhere else everybody was helping each other since they were inline talkingabout what they were going to get we got what we wanted and we were out within 20 minutes because we were so calm there after that we went to best buy and it was a nightmare just to check out took 2 hours and that little maze they make us wait in at least there were employees asking people if they got everything they wanted and we were like no and she proceeded to find it for us while we were in line that was nice of her