External Hard Drive?

BellaVita

think of it as a big portable closet. if you have family movies or pictures you want to share, load it on the external HD, go to someone's house, plug it in, and boom.

it's helpful for those who have laptops which come with semi limited HD space.. or for those who want mobile HD space or don't want to open up their computers to drop another HD in.

Can external hard drives also be used for games or do you need an internal hard drive for them? I may get a laptop and I'm not sure if I should buy a relatively cheap laptop and add on a few things at a time when I get the money or wait until I have enough money to get the computer with eveything I need.

Can external hard drives also be used for games or do you need an internal hard drive for them? I may get a laptop and I'm not sure if I should buy a relatively cheap laptop and add on a few things at a time when I get the money or wait until I have enough money to get the computer with eveything I need.

If they are intinsive games (crysis, orange box, WOW, etc) then you need to have then on your internal hard drive that the laptop comes w/. If they are less intensive (sims, monopoly, etc) then internal or external will be fine.

If they are intinsive games (crysis, orange box, WOW, etc) then you need to have then on your internal hard drive that the laptop comes w/. If they are less intensive (sims, monopoly, etc) then internal or external will be fine.

Thanks, they would only be a few Sims games and Scrabble. One more silly question. Do you only have to plug in the external hard drive when you are accessing something in it or do you always have to turn it on? I'm used to everything already in the computer so I'm not familar when things are external.

It is basically there to save your info, so plug it in and DL items you want saved and then unplug it from your computer.

I have to buy one this year because I am worried I will loose over 2000 songs and THOUSANDS of pictures that are saved to my hard drive. Those things I cant get back!