kmart and toy layaways

Buyers beware. I was at kmart today making a layaway pmt and there was a lady in front of me trying to pick up her layaway. It was gone, her labels were placed on a different item entirely. She had put a bike and and a box ful of toys on layaway back in September. The only thing left was the bike.

That happened to me about 7yrs ago at Kmart the 2 VERY HARD TO FIND items (Exclusive Buzz lightyear and woody on remote control RC racer) and ELMO somehow disappeared...yeah right some employee decided they wanted the items I shopped extra early in the season to get!! :(

Then one Christmas at Walmart I put something small on layaway to hide it from super sneaky DS I picked it up took it home opened the box that I was too tired to notice was heavier than it should have been and found at LEAST $400 worth of toddler girl clothing!! They had put my label on someone elses box. I took it back and they never found my item or so much as looked at me for being honest and taking it all back, they even STOPPED me at the garden center and told me I had to walk to the front doors for returns I argued it wasn't a return that I was trying to be nice but they made me walk around (with 3 kids in the dead of WINTER to the other door, to this DAY I wish I would have just dropped that box off at the local shelter!!)

ALWAYS CHECK YOUR ITEMS BEFORE YOU LEAVE THE STORE!!

I just laid away $100 bucks worth of stuff at Kmart. I have not shopped at Kmart for YEARS!! I HATE Kmart........but they have layaway. That is $100 bucks Wal-Mart won't get from me this year. :smirk: I even paid $5 to do the layaway (don't forget that).

Wal-Mart.....PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE BRING BACK LAYAWAY!!!!!

Yeah, I remember it as a kid. Always hated going to kmart for Mom to make the payments. It never occurred to me that it would be a good way of "hiding" their gifts. Except for the whole problem of employees stealing your stuff. Ugh! What a nightmare! Can't imagine it will continue that much longer, though. It just doesn't seem to be in their interest to have to store the stuff. But who knows, maybe it could become niche market...

layaways have to be picked up by the 12th this year also. Usually in past years they have given an 8 week layaway.

Doh our pickup date is Dec 7th, was wondering what everyone was gonna do with their packages so early to hide from the kids. Lucky for me it's just the tv for me and I just needed it to be held so hubby can pick it up, hopefully tomorrow on his day off. It's funny though my receipt shows pickup date of 1/08/2008 and they marked thru it and made a note on it about 12/8/07 and they also have signs up saying all layaways must be picked up by 12/8.

Yeah that is what I used layaway for ....STORAGE! My oldest is the sneaky peeker and then he is horrible at secrets so even if he finds something that is NOT his he tells the other kids!! STINKER!

Luckily I have an attic but I never put anything electronic up there, for fear that the cold/hot would ruin it, which isn't much this year

How does layaway work? I know you have to pay on it, until you pay it off, then can pick it up. But, I always thought you had to pick it up before Black Friday. Would I be able to put stuff on layaway and pick it up on black friday? Would it give me the discount prices? Thanks!

How does layaway work? I know you have to pay on it, until you pay it off, then can pick it up. But, I always thought you had to pick it up before Black Friday. Would I be able to put stuff on layaway and pick it up on black friday? Would it give me the discount prices? Thanks!

Now this sounds like a real SLICK DEAL :o)

I did this last week. Went through the Kmart ad, found everything that was in stock that I want on either T-day or BF and put in layaway, now I have to go to my Kmart on both days and they will adjust the prices for what is already put away to match the ads. I asked the manager specifically and she said yes I could.:yup:

And I have until December 17 to pick up and pay off ;)

I went to Kmart Wed night, picked out stuff and went to the layaway dept. It was closed. Ok, they close at 7 pm so I should have checked first. Went on Thurs around 6 pm, went straight to layaway before I did any shopping - it was closed again. I went back on Sat morning - still closed.

Apparently its not meant for me to layaway clothes at Kmart.

I drove across the street to Burlington Coat Factory and found much nicer stuff and layway was open.:g_thumbri

Thank you Kmart for not having your layaway dept open, you did me a big favor :)

I did this last week. Went through the Kmart ad, found everything that was in stock that I want on either T-day or BF and put in layaway, now I have to go to my Kmart on both days and they will adjust the prices for what is already put away to match the ads. I asked the manager specifically and she said yes I could.:yup:

And I have until December 17 to pick up and pay off ;)

you might want to double check, other people were are saying that Kmart will not be adjusting prices for this week and at some Kmart's there is a sign stating this up by CS.

Speaking of layaway, I haven't used one in years. If I can't afford it then, I just don't get it, it's not worth it for me. Especially if I had to pay extra to put my stuff on layaway to go there and find it wasn't even there anymore. :eyepoppin