Price matching on T-day & BF?

niki2202

Since Kmart price matches, that means that I can go this weekend or early next week and get the stuff I want that will be on sale on T-day and BF and put it on layaway, and then go back on T-day and BF and get the stuff price matched? As long as it's within 7 days of the layaway I should be able to price match on those days, correct?

Can you do the same thing with a price matching, instead of putting it on layaway? I mean instead of putting it on layway, can you just purchase and bring your receipt on Thanksgiving or black friday for the refund? I have done this in the past with purchases, just not on Thanksgiving or Black Friday.

I just got back from putting the 32' Olevia LCD TV on layaway. Since it's within the 7 day window of price matching, they'll price match it for the TG day sale. I had to go to 4 different stores before finding one that had 6 in stock. Call before you go so you don't drive around all day like I did.

I just got back from putting the 32' Olevia LCD TV on layaway. Since it's within the 7 day window of price matching, they'll price match it for the TG day sale. I had to go to 4 different stores before finding one that had 6 in stock. Call before you go so you don't drive around all day like I did.

I put mine on layaway yesterday. They only had 16 in stock. I hope that they do honor the price adjustment next Thursday. Does the item have to be in stock to be price adjusted? My layaway dept doesn't open til 11am and I don't to be told I can't get the adjustment just because they open late.

I was told at KMart today that they would price adjust within 7 days of purchase. I am not sure about your stores, but our K-Mart always has a huge line on BF. If you are price adjusting a doorbuster, I would get in the layaway line quick.

Remember layaway doesnt open until 9am and 11am at some stores.

My store's layaway doesn't open til 11am. So does anyone think there will be any problems because of this? I'm just worried that they'll say that since they only had limited amounts, they won't price adjust. I'm still going in for the sale so I may just try to buy one just to be on the safe side.

My Kmart (in Tampa) had a sign advising that they will not do price adjustments any time this week (for Thanksgiving or for black friday; it was on the service desk counter. It said that in order to receive the sale price, you had to purchase it during THE time specified on the ad. :(

My Kmart (in Tampa) had a sign advising that they will not do price adjustments any time this week (for Thanksgiving or for black friday; it was on the service desk counter. It said that in order to receive the sale price, you had to purchase it during THE time specified on the ad. :(

Mine didn't have a sign, but they said the same thing when I asked them at the service desk. It's not like I wanted them to PM another store. Their customer service SUCKS!:mad:

Well I've decided that if they don't want to adjust their own prices, I'll just return/rebuy unless they try to pull that crap that Target does and not let you buy the item right back even though it has never even left the store. If the they try to pull that then they can have it!

Ok I just checked my layaway slip and it says that price adjusting doesn't include clearance or holiday merchandise. Now...here's the million $ question....what is considered "holiday merchandise?" I really hope they don't consider clothing or shoes to be holiday merchandise just because they'll be on sale on a holiday....I hope they just mean decorations and that sort of thing.

I emailed customer care last night and here's what they sent back.

Dear

Thank you for contacting Kmart.com.

Yes, our policy is as long as the purchase is made with in 30 days before the start date of a sale a price adjustment can be made. At time of purchase ask the Kmart associate to complete the adjustment.

Look for great bargains throughout the store and find Kmart exclusive brands like Martha Stewart Everyday, Thalia Sodi, Joe Boxer, Route 66 and Jaclyn Smith.

Kmart Customer Care

[email protected]

1-866-KMART-4U (1-866-562-7848)

> Sent: Nov 18, 2007 5:52:09 PM CST

> To: <[email protected]>

>

> I have a question regarding your price adjustment policies. If I placed an item on layaway this past Thursday/Friday and them item goes on sale this week including Thursday and Friday, will I be able to receive a price adjustment?

ok I called today twice today and this is what I was told: 1st call, I asked about the holiday merchandise, and yes, it is decorations, etc. Ok good. 2nd call, (because I forget to ask during the 1st one) I was told that they will NOT be price adjusting on Thurs, Fri, or Sat of this week. :no: There goes that idea!

ok I called today twice today and this is what I was told: 1st call, I asked about the holiday merchandise, and yes, it is decorations, etc. Ok good. 2nd call, (because I forget to ask during the 1st one) I was told that they will NOT be price adjusting on Thurs, Fri, or Sat of this week. :no: There goes that idea!

I've got the email that I posted above and I'm taking it with me on Thursday and if they won't price adjust, I just won't get it. I'm not paying $699.99 for a 32".

I was all ready to put the 32" Olevia on layaway today at K-Mart and then get price adjustment on BF but the guy in electronics told me they don't allow any electronics purchase over $200 for layaway!!! That is so stupid because part of the object for layaway is for higher priced items that you don't have the money right then to pay for it fully to put on layaway and be able to pay over time. I was so mad!! I am going to call a few other Kmarts around here and see if they would do it. :(

My Kmart doesn't do layaway. So I bought the homedic shiatsu back massager yesterday for $99, thinking I can get them to price adjust on td down to $49. The store manager said they would not price adjust, however, I'm thinking I'll return and repurchase. However, I bumming now that gd has reposted the kmart td sale, the damn back massager isn't on the new list! I can't win I guess. Anyone know why, if you look at both kmart td ads, the massager would be on one list and not the other?

I wondered about the price match (or adjusting) that some have used to lower the price of an item that will be on sale during BF. If everyone did this for limited supply items before BF, all of the stores would have nothing in the inventory on the BF day with a line of purchasers requesting a discount of what they bought before BF. Even though I am sure that most stores will follow their refunds and price adjustment policies throughout the year, if this trend spreads and repeats itself every BF, a lot of people will be waiting in line for nothing at stores with little to no inventory and I am sure that the company policy regarding price matching could be amended in the future.

I went on tday and got a few things I wanted that were on sale and then started looking at where some of the stuff on sale for bf was. I decided to check with customer service on the price adjustment policy. It is posted above customer service and does not say no one day sales. anyway she told me no, they didn't do it on those sales, so i asked her to call the manager and the manager said yes they would. SO i went and picked up a few things and was suprised to see that they only had a few of some items i wanted (wagon w/blocks, pet shop carry case, music set) they only had about five of those items. I got them and then picked out some clothes for my kids and checked out. BF morning around 630 I went in and they adjusted my purchases and had no problem getting my money back. They even had something that was on sale I had gotten cheaper the day before so she said to just leave it. They didn't like doing it but they did. I saved like $200 thier this weekend!! I don't shop thier alot b/c thier prices seem higher on alot of stuff. Oh well, off to shop some more today.............hope everyone got thier stuff as easy as I did

I was all ready to put the 32" Olevia on layaway today at K-Mart and then get price adjustment on BF but the guy in electronics told me they don't allow any electronics purchase over $200 for layaway!!! That is so stupid because part of the object for layaway is for higher priced items that you don't have the money right then to pay for it fully to put on layaway and be able to pay over time. I was so mad!! I am going to call a few other Kmarts around here and see if they would do it. :(

I ran into that a while back also. They said that there was no layaway on computers or other electronics over $200 because people return them too often out of layaway and then they have to restock them and sometimes put them on clearance because they already have the newer models in. I guess it makes sense to them, but it doesn't help me any.