For all the people who buy stuff they didn't mean too in the mad dash for BF goodies!

mateojives

Every year this happens to me! During the mad dash through the sliding glass doors and the hurry to purchase and get on to the next store, you inevitabely see a bunch of people grabbing at something, so without even considering what it is or whether you need it, you just stick your hand in with the rest and grab 4 of them, rationalizing that "they'll make great gifts" or "these will be good stocking stuffers!" Seriously, I can't help myself. Last year I bought 2 cheap MP3 players (my mom now knows how to use it!), a USB memory card (I already have 3 of them!) and about 20 of the $1.50 poinsettas from Home Depot. The year before that I bought 3 xbox games that I have still never played! The year before that it was some stupid pencil and pen set and a $30 dvd player. Anyway, this is your space to list your stupid mistakes and failures of common sense due to good ole' human nature!

We bought video rockers last year... went to get a dvd player. ended up with two video rockers as well. LOL . The kids loved them and it wasn't something they asked for.. that was our impulse buy ( oh yea DD wanted a vcr/dvd player - its still in the box in her room lol)

Every year this happens to me! During the mad dash through the sliding glass doors and the hurry to purchase and get on to the next store, you inevitabely see a bunch of people grabbing at something, so without even considering what it is or whether you need it, you just stick your hand in with the rest and grab 4 of them, rationalizing that "they'll make great gifts" or "these will be good stocking stuffers!" Anyway, this is your space to list your stupid mistakes and failures of common sense due to good ole' human nature!

My stepdad used to tease me about my return list. I liked to buy so much, that three days after bf, I would be returning a bunch of the stuff. When I get home I put names on everything. If it doesn't have a name on it or my family doesn't pick it up from the livingroom , it goes back to the store on Monday. (Family pick up pile is for comforters, towels, and other household items that my sons can choose if they need or not.) Now that the kids have moved out, there is less impulsive shopping going on. Last year was great. I had one extra crock pot when I finished. That was only because after I bought a crock pot, I finally found the one I had been looking for.:cheesy:

Have a great day,

I have a soft spot for USB flash drives for some reason. I have EIGHT of them, ranging from 128MB to a 2GB (but the 2GB is on it's last legs).

Even with 8 of them, these 4GB drives are looking pretty good. And I don't even need more space. http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/Marcster2005/Smileypad/Angry/N1ImGoingInsane.gif

Yep. Since I rarely shop throughout the year, BF is my impulsive shopping day. I always start out with a detailed list, but end up with lots of things I had no intention of buying just because the price was tempting...household items, lots of dvds, clothes, etc., you name it.

I usually do *pretty* good sticking to the list. I sometimes go overboard making the list, but that's a different topic. :)

Where I really do badly, though, is at Kohl's. That is always one of my last stops, so I'm not hurrying to get anywhere else, and I look at everything and shop. Cuz everything there is so practical! Kids can always use a new coat, jammies, undies, DH a new shirt, gloves, Jammies for me, and everyone would love a candle! You get the picture! Plus, they give me $10 for every $50 I spend!