Price Adjustment

skrdrgn8

I went in this morning and bought the Panasonic 56" LIFI TV. I notice they had signs everywhere advertising their 60 day price protection policy, so before I bought it I asked the salesman if the 60 day policy applied to their sale prices for BF, he said what 60 day policy, it's only 30 days. I told him their were signs everywhere saying it was 60 days, he said he would have to take those down, because it has never been 60 days for electronics. I said, well anyways I don't care if it's 30 or 60, does it apply to BF? He said they would do a price adjutment on BF, his boss was there standing by him and didn't dispute what he said. So I told him I would take it. He rung me up, and said I could pick up the TV on Monday. I again asked him if he was sure that I could do the price adjustment, and again he said I could as long as I show up on Friday during the sale hours. I got his name, so we will see what happens on Friday. If for some reason they refuse to do it, I will just take the TV back for a refund. Hopefully they don't have a re-stocking fee.

I experienced the same thing. I seen 60 day price protection on the price tag of an lcd television. When I asked the sales person he told me it's only 30 days. I would ask for and assistant or store manager if available. They seem to be the only ones who care about your concerns. :P

I experienced the same thing. I seen 60 day price protection on the price tag of an lcd television. When I asked the sales person he told me it's only 30 days. I would ask for and assistant or store manager if available. They seem to be the only ones who care about your concerns. :P

Yeah, it was pretty bad when they had signs all over the place advertising the 60 day policy, and the salesman told me he was going to tear them down because they were wrong. Also, while trying to sell me a service plan on my TV he said the bulb life was about 2 - 3 years, so buying the service plan was a good deal as I could get the bulb replaced for free. Yet on the Sears web site it says this TV has a 5 year guarantee on the bulb. So pretty much everything he told me was wrong, I just hope he wasn't wrong about the price protection on BF. But I think we have have determined here in this thread that there is no right or wrong answer to the price protection question, it's simple a matter of you need to ask several people at Sears until you find one to give you the answer you want.

Central Indiana (don't want to get anyone in trouble) The problem is though that the part # listed is 71185 which is the 768p model. I explained the ad mistake to the manager and he in turn called the district manager who said they were aware of it and are working out what to do. I was told to come back in Monday, I'll keep everyone updated.

This discussion is really interesting to me, but there's something that people don't seem to be taking into account. I'm really set on getting this particular TV model, so for me, it's not a matter of "ok, buy it early, go in and then price match it. If they don't do it, just return it." That means, for me, I won't be out the money but I won't get my TV, either. So I'm torn; do I risk it by making sure I get the model by going before BF when they'll run out, but not necessarily being able to keep it b/c they won't price match? Or do I risk making sure I get the right price, but risk not being able to get the TV before they all run out? *sigh*

Depends on which model your after. The 768p or 1080p? Right now the 1080p is $2099, whereas the 768p is $1899. Circuit City will have the 1080p as well on BF for $1299 so even if this falls through you should be able to PM it at Sears (since it's not a doorbuster at CC, 2 day sale) and get the extra 10% off. Again that's the 1080p model.

Depends on which model your after. The 768p or 1080p? Right now the 1080p is $2099, whereas the 768p is $1899. Circuit City will have the 1080p as well on BF for $1299 so even if this falls through you should be able to PM it at Sears (since it's not a doorbuster at CC, 2 day sale) and get the extra 10% off. Again that's the 1080p model.

Whoa, this has really intrigued me! Has there been discussion of this elsewhere? I would gladly pay the extra ~100+ (after PM and 10%) for the 1080p version of the Aquos and there's even a chance it would be less likely to sell out.

Well I came into this discussion late, but when I went into my local sears today the sales guy said I could put in a pre-ticket order for the $999 Sharp 46" TV They would be filling orders at 12:01 Friday and that I could come in any time after 5 that day - assumably much later in the day and just pick it up.

I am going to go back tomorrow to confirm, likely with a manager.

Store manager called me tonight and said that corp decided to print a retraction on the mistake and won't be offering $900 off the tv but he said that as long as the one CC is selling for $1299 has the same model # as the one they carry that he would PM plus take the extra 10% off. So $1299-10%= $1169.10 which works for me! He also said they would order it if it wasn't in stock so check with your local Sears, hopefully they're as nice as mine :)

So when can you/we put the actual order in? I just want to know when I can confirm this.

If you just want the 720p then mine will order it now and let you bring the receipt back on BF. If you want to PM the 1080p from CC then bring in an ad on BF/Sat since CC's is a 2 day sale, they will order it if not in stock. Again this is how my local store is handling it and they are very nice compared to others so YMMV.

Whoa, this has really intrigued me! Has there been discussion of this elsewhere? I would gladly pay the extra ~100+ (after PM and 10%) for the 1080p version of the Aquos and there's even a chance it would be less likely to sell out.

I would too, just want to make sure this will actually work. Do we have to do the actual ordering during those two days, or can it be done ahead of time? I assume just an ad from circuit city is good enough to bring in? What if they don't have any in stock? Is the price still valid and they will order one in? I checked my local sears through the online search and none of them have the 1080p model in right now.

Well I just went into my local store and asked a manager. She said they would price match no problem - especially since circuit city was a two day sale. She even claimed that if it was a am only sale as long as I came into Sears during that time they would price match. Anyway, she said they can just order one if they don't have any in the store. Same deal with their own BF deals, so I guess I don't have anything to loose assuming she knew what she was talking about

FYI..........I can not tell where i got this info but here you go.

11/23-24 Ad - Sharp Aquos TV Description Error

11/20/07

Information: As communicated in yesterdays DSNews the description of the 46-inch Sharp Aquos TV in the 11/23-24 ad (#71185) is incorrect. The correct description is 46-inch Sharp Aquos LCD HDTV 720P

Action: Two copies of a SignRiter sign (ad error 46” TV 11/23 dealer stores) are being sent to all stores today. Please post one sign at the door and one sign by the product from 11/23 – 11/24.

FYI..........I can not tell where i got this info but here you go.

11/23-24 Ad - Sharp Aquos TV Description Error

11/20/07

Information: As communicated in yesterdays DSNews the description of the 46-inch Sharp Aquos TV in the 11/23-24 ad (#71185) is incorrect. The correct description is 46-inch Sharp Aquos LCD HDTV 720P

Action: Two copies of a SignRiter sign (ad error 46” TV 11/23 dealer stores) are being sent to all stores today. Please post one sign at the door and one sign by the product from 11/23 – 11/24.

What store are you referring to?