Price Adjustment

skrdrgn8

Not sure about that. I was able to purchase the Toshiba 42" HDTV in the black Friday ad BELOW the Black Friday price. They did a price match plus 10% from a local competitor plus they have a promotion with their credit card that will give you another $150 off.

Black Friday price $1249

Price I got it today $1106:eyepoppin

I already bought the Sony Tv 40' and have been totally promised they will price adjust it as long as I go in before the sale end at noon. There will be one VERY UNHAPPY customer if they don't. I will return everything since I did not pick it up yet anyway and NEVER shop there again. I would suggest you go to the store and get names and numbers.

Tried to get a price adjustment on 11/11 sears family and friends night for the sharp 46" LCD. I was told by salesman that because it was a timed sale I would not be able to get adjusted even though I came in that morning 5-12. I would be weary about making any purchase before bf unless you get some conformation from a manager at your local sears. However, just a quick note. I went in that night to get the 46" sharp and salesman told me it was regular price and that all I would get is 150 off and 5%. When in actuality I could have gotten it for less that bf price if I had only had the salesman scan the tv in the register. That just goes to show you how much the salesman new about ff night and the prices of their tv's. So don't take my word for it, or any salesman for that matter. Good luck!:yuck: :yuck:

It's certainly not a sure thing. I e-mailed them with this question, and their response is below. You might get lucky and the local store may not be aware of the local policy. As for me, it's unfortunate for them that they won't price adjust because there are several things in their store on BF that I want. But since I can't get the TV I want before hand, and have them adjust the price on BF, then I won't be going to Sears on BF. That's not out of anger, just a fact that I can get more big ticket items I want at Circuit City, even though Sears has the TV I really want. Here's their response:

"We appreciate your interest in products from Sears. Sears does offer a thirty day price guarantee on purchases. If an item that you purchase goes on sale for a lower price within thirty days after the purchase date, you may contact us to request an adjustment to your account for the purchase. Unfortunately, Black Friday is considered a promotion. Promotions are not available for sales adjustments under the price protection offer. We apologize for the inconvenience."

It's certainly not a sure thing. I e-mailed them with this question, and their response is below. You might get lucky and the local store may not be aware of the local policy. As for me, it's unfortunate for them that they won't price adjust because there are several things in their store on BF that I want. But since I can't get the TV I want before hand, and have them adjust the price on BF, then I won't be going to Sears on BF. That's not out of anger, just a fact that I can get more big ticket items I want at Circuit City, even though Sears has the TV I really want. Here's their response:

"We appreciate your interest in products from Sears. Sears does offer a thirty day price guarantee on purchases. If an item that you purchase goes on sale for a lower price within thirty days after the purchase date, you may contact us to request an adjustment to your account for the purchase. Unfortunately, Black Friday is considered a promotion. Promotions are not available for sales adjustments under the price protection offer. We apologize for the inconvenience."

I got a totally different reply. Here it is:

Thank you for contacting Sears Holdings Corporation.

Black Friday is not excluded from our price protection policy. If you purchase an item and it then goes on sale during Black Friday, you will need to return to the store during the sale hours. You will need to have your receipt with you.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. We value you as a Sears Holdings Corporation customer, and we truly intend to provide you with the best possible customer service.

Sincerely,

Chris I.

Sears Holdings Corporation

I got a totally different reply. Here it is:

Thank you for contacting Sears Holdings Corporation.

Black Friday is not excluded from our price protection policy. If you purchase an item and it then goes on sale during Black Friday, you will need to return to the store during the sale hours. You will need to have your receipt with you.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. We value you as a Sears Holdings Corporation customer, and we truly intend to provide you with the best possible customer service.

Sincerely,

Chris I.

Sears Holdings Corporation

Kind of figures they are disorganized. What e-mail address did you use to mail the question to? Was it on the main Sears web page? Seems strange it says Sears Holding Corporation. I would love to send an e-mail to that same address, and get the same answer so I can go pick up my TV this weekend. I would just like to have this in writing before I take the chance.

Kind of figures they are disorganized. What e-mail address did you use to mail the question to? Was it on the main Sears web page? Seems strange it says Sears Holding Corporation. I would love to send an e-mail to that same address, and get the same answer so I can go pick up my TV this weekend. I would just like to have this in writing before I take the chance.

That would be awsome if we can do this. Just so worried about individual managers on duty. If we would print out the email or get some kind of written conformation to bring with us to the store so we don't end up the loser or look like idiots in the process. I'll see what I can do. Thanks.:yup:

Sears Holding Corporation is The Company that owns Sears, Lands End, Kmart and Orchard Hardware. The response you got is correct.

Sears has now gone to a 60 day Price Match Guarantee as well...You are not going to find a TV Cheaper and they will stand behind the price fot 60 days, find another retailer willing to do that! 60 days is on Plasma and LCD TV's. The signing is on every TV.

I just emailed them the same question, we'll see what answer I get. Here's the contact I used. http://www.sears.com/shc/s/nb_10153_12608_NB_CSeMail?adCell=A3

That's the same contact I used, but my answer didn't come back from Sears Holding Company. It would seem that there is no central location for where the e-mails are routed to. Maybe we can get their response, if positive, scaned and posted on the internet somewhere? Like someone else said, you may get a manager who sees things differently, but if you can provide something in writing from the corporate office, it will be kind of hard for them to dispute it. We can already see that the corporate office isn't even clear on what their policy is.

I sent an email this morning and it came back from customer service saying that they will not do a price adjustment.

Thank you for contacting Sears.

We apologize for the inconvenience that you have experienced.

Unfortunately, we will not have price adjustment for black friday because it

will be a special offer for only a few hours.

At Sears we value you as a customer and we value your business. If you

have additional questions or comments, please contact us. Thank you

again for choosing Sears.

Look for Great Ideas throughout the store and find Sears exclusive

innovations from great brands like Sony, Kenmore, NordicTrack, Craftsman

and Reebok.

Tinesha D.

Sears Customer Care

[email protected]

1-800-349-4358

well guys seems like we are getting the run around if you know what I mean. It seems as if we don't have concrete proof that sears will price adjust. I just emailed them and this is their reply. I must note that in my original email I did mention black friday. I even called customer service and waited for 15 min to speak with a rep. Her name was Danelle and she also said that I would be able to get price adjustment reguardless of sale especially black friday. here's the email:

Thank you for contacting Sears Holdings Corporation regarding our Price Protection Policy.

The Sears Price Protection Policy allows customers to receive one price adjustment if the product goes on sale up to 30 days after the original purchase. To claim your Price Protection Policy adjustment, please go to the original Sears store with your receipt. For Sears.com orders, please call us at (800)349-4358.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. We appreciate your business and

value you as a Sears Holdings customer. We certainly hope you will continue

to make Sears Holdings your choice for quality and value.

Sincerely,

Crystall E.

Sears Holdings Corporation:tired:

My reply is different from others as well.

Dear Mr. XXXXX,

Thank you for contacting Sears.

Price Protection Policy

The Price Protection Policy allows customers to receive a price adjustment if the product goes on sale up to 30 days later for Sears.com. However, please contact your local store for their Price Protection Policy.

If you have additional questions please contact Sears.com at 1-800-349-4358 Thank you for choosing Sears. Have a great day.

Look for Great Ideas throughout the store and find Sears exclusive innovations from great brands like Sony, Kenmore, Nordic Track, Craftsman and Reebok.

Shannon S.

Sears Customer Care

[email protected]

1-800-349-4358

This is probably the most correct answer since she states to "ASK YOUR LOCAL STORE", it'll be a YMMV kinda thing I'm sure. So I'll go into the store tomorrow and ask them personally.

Well, I think a point has been proven, that being that they either don't have a standard policy, or if they do it is porrly communicated. I can see "ask your local store" being an accurate answer in that case. I just hope you get the name of the person, hopefully a manager, who gives you the answer. I also hope that person remembers on BF in case someone else says they won't offer price protection when you actually go in on that day. I think I am going to go to my local Sears this weekend and ask the question also. If I get a positive answer, then I will be picking up my HD TV this weekend; one less item to worry about on BF.

I bought the Sony 40" LCD on F&F. It scanned at the after "noon" price ($1699.99) for BF even though it wasn't marked on sale in the store. Now I'm wondering if I could go in before noon on BF and adjust that price even though I got all of the rebates and % off? I know that would probably be pushing it, lol. Would I lose all of the other rebates I had? I ended up paying $1318.49 and the doorbuster price is $1400. Think I could get $300. more back w/a price match that morning?

We were in Sears this morning trying to get the 46" Bravia TV. We talked to the manager and found the TV was selling for $1399 and not the $1099 we had hoped. The manager told us we could buy the 46" Sharp Aquos at regular price and come back on Black Friday and get a price adjustment. He said as long as we were in there between 5 and noon that they would do it.

I went in this morning and bought the Panasonic 56" LIFI TV. I notice they had signs everywhere advertising their 60 day price protection policy, so before I bought it I asked the salesman if the 60 day policy applied to their sale prices for BF, he said what 60 day policy, it's only 30 days. I told him their were signs everywhere saying it was 60 days, he said he would have to take those down, because it has never been 60 days for electronics. I said, well anyways I don't care if it's 30 or 60, does it apply to BF? He said they would do a price adjutment on BF, his boss was there standing by him and didn't dispute what he said. So I told him I would take it. He rung me up, and said I could pick up the TV on Monday. I again asked him if he was sure that I could do the price adjustment, and again he said I could as long as I show up on Friday during the sale hours. I got his name, so we will see what happens on Friday. If for some reason they refuse to do it, I will just take the TV back for a refund. Hopefully they don't have a re-stocking fee.

I already bought the Sony Tv 40' and have been totally promised they will price adjust it as long as I go in before the sale end at noon. There will be one VERY UNHAPPY customer if they don't. I will return everything since I did not pick it up yet anyway and NEVER shop there again. I would suggest you go to the store and get names and numbers.

Its absurd that you even expect them to do that. How about you wait in line like everyone else does. Its a sale because its on sale during that time alotted not 1 month before 2 weeks before or a month after. Thats why ads have dates and times. If they do it for you fine but you shouldnt expect it.

My local one actually suggested I buy it now and come back BF to get the difference and the Sears ad on the Aquos says it's a 1080p so corporate is in a bind now since the model # listed in the ad is only 768p, was told to come back Monday and they would take care of me. The BF ad my local store has doesn't look anything like the one on here, it's only 5-6 pages.

Based on that way of thinking, then why would they even have a price protection policy?

Well would you rather them get rid of it all together or block 1 day a year when they have really good discounts. If retailers did this for everyone then all of the product would be purchased before hand and none left for the morning of black friday. The point of it is to get people in the store that morning. Like I said if they say they will do it fine. But no one should expect it from any retailer.

Well would you rather them get rid of it all together or block 1 day a year when they have really good discounts. If retailers did this for everyone then all of the product would be purchased before hand and none left for the morning of black friday. The point of it is to get people in the store that morning. Like I said if they say they will do it fine. But no one should expect it from any retailer.

No, I actually agree with you that BF should be an exception to the price protection policy. However, I was commenting on your comment that, "Its a sale because its on sale during that time alotted not 1 month before 2 weeks before or a month after. Thats why ads have dates and times." It sounded to me as if you were saying that all sales should be an exception (e.g. sales have a date, so why should you expect to get the sales price outside of that date?). That's what prompted my question of why even have a price protection policy if sales should be exempt.

For what it's worth, offering price protection on BF also gets people in the store on that morning; you have to go to the store during the actual sale hours to get the price adjustment.

I asked about the re-stocking fee today too. If it's unopened, there is no re-stocking fee. If it is open there will be one, but I didn't ask how much.

We took the chance and took ours out of the box.

Restocking fees usually run 15% most everywhere