TI-84 Graphics Calculator

Dena Neal

Being a kid these days is EXPENSIVE. My son (a high school senior) changed to his 2nd term classes today. His math teacher said that he needs a graphing calculator -- I thought no big deal. But not only does it need to be a graphing calculator -- it needs to be a specific 1... the TI-84. I checked Walmart and it is $120....... and he will probably never use it after this class. I would check ebay but he needs it now so I can't wait. I told him to ask around to see if someone from last semester that may want to sell their but in the meantime does anyone have any ideas... this is an expensive week.... I had to order his cap and gown and now a calculator..... my Black Friday money is shrinking and I haven't even used any for Christmas gifts yet....:confused: :confused:

Check at a Pawn Shop in your area. My husband will check pawn shops for vintage video game systems and he has seen the TI 84 calculators there. He saw them after I purchased mine so we didn't buy one there. But you should check for one for your son. Also contact the school and see if they rent them or know of anyone who does.

I agree with Jabsther, if your son is going to college he will need a graphing calculator, regardless of his major. I would check pawn shops and ebay and get the best deal you can. You might even check the classifieds at the local college (if there is one nearby), or Craigslist.