Children's Books

Try a Scholastic Warehouse sale if you live near one...here's a link:

http://www.scholastic.com/bookfairs/events/warehouse/

They really let anyone in, and don't forget to sign up for a Fast Pass--it will save you time at the sale and money. I've bought tons of books there over the years--and gift items, too. They ususally have the Klutz kits, American Girl stuff (stationary not dolls), cookbooks, etc. Just remember it is a warehouse, and it can be a little cold and dusty. Not dirty, but concrete floors, lots of shelving, it all adds up to dusty.

Try a Scholastic Warehouse sale if you live near one...here's a link:

http://www.scholastic.com/bookfairs/events/warehouse/

They really let anyone in, and don't forget to sign up for a Fast Pass--it will save you time at the sale and money. I've bought tons of books there over the years--and gift items, too. They ususally have the Klutz kits, American Girl stuff (stationary not dolls), cookbooks, etc. Just remember it is a warehouse, and it can be a little cold and dusty. Not dirty, but concrete floors, lots of shelving, it all adds up to dusty.

what are the prices usually like at one of these?

Nowadays I buy most of my children's books second-hand. I used to find a lot at garage

sales for 25 or 50 cents. But since I don't get out often, I check out the local children's

consignment store. My best deals are at Goodwill. We have a brand new store in our town,

and it looks like a regular department store. Most kids books are 50 cents or $1. Many

are in excellent condition, and some are even new. The way my kids go through books,

I find it economical to get 8 books for $4, and not have to worry if they get bored with

them after a few weeks.

Scholastic Warehouse has a couple of different sales throughout the year--generally half off, and they have "tubs" where all the books are $1, $3 or whatever. Check those out carefully--especially if it's a "kit" type item, they parts can come loss from the many item.

And check any computer items to make sure it will run with your operating system, a friend bought a couple that were very out of date and she couldn't use them. I love this sale!