Fred Meyer??? (Merged)

beccas302

I usually hit up Freddy's on BF...you can expect a huge line with people wanting to buy socks and body pillows LOL..those are the main things in this area that they have every year. They do serve donut holes (3 flavors) and hot chocolate/coffee/apple cider. I never go there first though, I usually hit it up around 11 am. Oh yeah, they usually have BOGO free on games!!

• 2 weeks later...

I work for this store in the Electronics department. I haven't seen the ad but one of my supervisors has. The only information they passed on to me is that the Wii will not be at a discounted price; just its regular $249.99. I don't know how many Wiis we'll have on BF, but whenever the Wii is advertised we usually have 30 of them for the sale week of Sun - Sat. We will probably have at least a dozen for BF.

Other notable items that I can tell will be on sale based on how many we have:

- Coby DVD player that I think is model # DVD-224 (well, it at least looks just like that one in the picture). Last week it was on sale for $29.99 so I expect the price on BF will be 19.99 or lower.

- Uniden 2.4GHz phone with 2 extra handsets. Not really sure of the model here, I just know we have tons of them. Actually, now that I think about it, it might be a 5.8 GHz set.

Other likely candidates to go on sale:

- Sylvania LCD TVs and DVD and DVD/VHS combo units. We sell a lot of Sylvania stuff because it's cheaper than the name brands.

- Music CDs and DVDs: something's going to be on sale. Probably a 2 for $10 kind of deal, as that's happened in the past. I couldn't guess any titles though. And with any (quantity) for (price) it's rare that you have to buy [quantity]'s worth (i.e. you can buy just 1 DVD for $5)

- Writable media: the stuff goes on sale every week, so don't expect BF to be any different.

Internally we refer to this as the "6 hour sale" and not BF (which is ironic because some boxes that we get from the DC are marked BF ;). With this in mind, you know the sale is only going to be from 5a - 11a. *Here's hopes that I'm scheduled for 12-9 that day :)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm waiting for this one too. It'll be my first time at Fred Meyer on a BF, but we all need socks this year, so I'm going to check that out.

Do you need to get there early for the socks, can I make it a later stop and still get some? What's the deal on pillows? Also half off like the socks?

I'm waiting for this one too. It'll be my first time at Fred Meyer on a BF, but we all need socks this year, so I'm going to check that out.

Do you need to get there early for the socks, can I make it a later stop and still get some? What's the deal on pillows? Also half off like the socks?

Well, the socks really depend. We went to FM second last year, after we were done at walmart. We didn't get there until 6 or so, and there were plenty of socks left. The year before, they were so stinkin' picked over by 6, it was crazy!

Pillows are generally 50% off too. As are towels.

Socks are usually on sale from 5-11. At my local store, there is ususally a good selection in the first 3 hours. After that, its hit and miss. I go every year to FM. I dont go there first, usually hit L&T, BB, and Target first, depending on what I want/need. By that time, its still early and I get free juice and dounut holes from FM before I head out again. Good luck with the socks!

Just to correct myself from earlier, FM will not adjust prices on BF. I have just gone to all the stores that I will got to on BF to ask this question. They were the only store that one price adjust. I did scope out the socks and they do have the ones I want. JC Penny's had the weekend prices on their items now, so I don't need to price adjust there.

Darla