• Optical Image Stabilization
  • DVD-RAM/ -R / -RW Recording
  • SD Card Slot
  • Hi-Speed USB 2.0
  • Video Out
  • Compact, slim design
  • Includes software
  • Dimensions(WxHxD): 3.426" x 2.481" x 5.434"

I have a Panasonic with similar specs as a miniDV version and absolutely LOVE it. Great color, great image stabilization. Still pictures can be a bit fuzzy once in a while (you'd think at 3mp they wouldn't be that bad) but I didn't buy the camcorder for the pictures.

this is the one I have, this is not my review.

http://www.epinions.com/content_247447785092

If this DVD one is in your budget and you want a DVD camcorder, this is the one I'd buy. Buy an extended batter for your camcorder, too, and make sure you pick up extra DVD +/- discs. Spend the extra money for a rewriteable DVD if you don't want to keep buying discs. And remember, DVDs only record only 30 min at a time, so stock up on discs :D

Hmmm...700 bucks off. Same price at Amazon, too.

This was the only thing that I was thinking of going after BF.

I don't know a lot about camcorders (other than from what I've read, 3CCD is a good thing); so compared to the BF ones (and overall)...would this be a good one in lieu of getting up early BF?

I was thinking about spending in the 2-300 dollar range anyway....I just want to know if I'm getting a good deal.

I've seen some fairly good reviews on Amazon and elsewhere, but, as this will be my first camcorder...I thought I would ask here first.

Heck, if I end up getting this I guess I'll sleep in BF! :)

I have a Panasonic with similar specs as a miniDV version and absolutely LOVE it. Great color, great image stabilization. Still pictures can be a bit fuzzy once in a while (you'd think at 3mp they wouldn't be that bad) but I didn't buy the camcorder for the pictures.

this is the one I have, this is not my review.

http://www.epinions.com/content_247447785092

If this DVD one is in your budget and you want a DVD camcorder, this is the one I'd buy. Buy an extended batter for your camcorder, too, and make sure you pick up extra DVD +/- discs. Spend the extra money for a rewriteable DVD if you don't want to keep buying discs. And remember, DVDs only record only 30 min at a time, so stock up on discs :D

awesome thank you so much!

Me too--I want it for my kids' sporting events. I have a camera that takes clips, but it would be so nice to record directly onto DVD, imo... :(

Remember... the DVDs for DVD camcorders are only 30 min in length. That means for sporting events longer than 30 min (which is most kid sports events, dance shows, etc) you will have lag time between you loading a new disc into the camcorder.

Thats' why we chose miniDV. Hard drive camcorders were out of budget at our time. I think the hard drive camcorder would be what I'd choose today for a new camcorder.

Remember... the DVDs for DVD camcorders are only 30 min in length. That means for sporting events longer than 30 min (which is most kid sports events, dance shows, etc) you will have lag time between you loading a new disc into the camcorder.

Thats' why we chose miniDV. Hard drive camcorders were out of budget at our time. I think the hard drive camcorder would be what I'd choose today for a new camcorder.

Yeah, my dh wants the hard drive camcorder. He doesn't want to mess with DVD at all. But, for us, it's still out of our budget. And, it's not as important to my dh as it is me...;)

Yeah, my dh wants the hard drive camcorder. He doesn't want to mess with DVD at all. But, for us, it's still out of our budget. And, it's not as important to my dh as it is me...;)

LOL I understand! Abes of Maine has good deals on camcorders, too. My dad shops from them, great customer service, fast shipping, no tax for most.

They have 8 hard drive models under $450 and 3 of those are under $405. Cheapeast is $359. http://www.abesofmaine.com/itemList.do?group1=Video&group2=Camcorders

I know those are still out of budget for a lot of people....