Meijer will NOT do any PM on BF!!

iluvMeijer

Hey everybody-

Just to give everyone that shops at Meijer a heads up, that they will not be doing any PM on Black Friday at all. I work there and today a note was posted by our time clock that there is absolutley no PM on Black Friday. It was a corporate wide thing too, not just my store. I know Meijer has always been really wishy washy on whether they will or will not price match on Black Friday.........but this memo was pretty clear that we are not PM.

I guess they are going to put something in our regular ad the week of Thanksgiving that we are not PM.

I'm sorta disappointed myself....... sorry to be the barrer of bad news :(

P.S- Still keeping my eyes peeled for the Thanksgiving and BF ads!!!!! :yup:

Hey everybody-

Just to give everyone that shops at Meijer a heads up, that they will not be doing any PM on Black Friday at all. I work there and today a note was posted by our time clock that there is absolutley no PM on Black Friday. It was a corporate wide thing too, not just my store. I know Meijer has always been really wishy washy on whether they will or will not price match on Black Friday.........but this memo was pretty clear that we are not PM.

I guess they are going to put something in our regular ad the week of Thanksgiving that we are not PM.

What about Thanksgiving Day itself? Kmart's Thanksgiving Day ad has a TV that I would like to have. I have a Meijer in the town I live but I would have to drive 25 minutes to get to a Kmart. TIA

Hey everybody-

:confused: what do you mean by absolutley no? I just PERSONALY SAW the e mail, and the only thing that meijer will not price match are door buster deals and the regular PM rules apply (ie, bogo and % off), Must be a local ad, and IDENTICAL item, not a refurbished item sale and not door buster deals.

and unless that means absolutley no..... we have different ideas of the word no. :D

I work at a store in Grand Rapids and was standing right there when one of the big wigs was discussing it. We asked b/c we were unclear about it. She said NO!

They are posting something in the ad starting the week of Nov 18.

Goes something like this:

In order to give you the best possible prices were will NOT be accepting any Competitior Ads on "Black Friday" November 23rd!

That e-mail was just explaining more of our policy on price matching for the upcoming holiday season.

Maybe you didn't see the other notice....definately check with your team leader. Becasue I was told we are doing NO price matching on Black Friday at all.

P.S- I PERSONALLY SAW the e-mail notice myself that is why I started this thread to let people know.

Goes something like this:

In order to give you the best possible prices were will NOT be accepting any Competitior Ads on "Black Friday" November 23rd!

How is not price matching a lower price at a competitor giving their customer "the best possible prices???"

Last year Meijer did a Thanksgiving sale that was killer! I got my daughter the ipod with a promotional $50 gift card incentive. I still have that and am hoping they do something awesome this year for BF or even Thanksgiving day!

To the Meijer employee, I am not looking to price match just get what is going to be on sale for TG day and BF. I was thinking of putting everything that I want in lay away. 2 seperate lay aways one for TG and one for BF to ensure that I get what I want. Of course I will take it out of layaway during the specials. Have you heard anything about not allowing this?

I'm pretty sure that all Meijer locations did remove their layaways, but some still may remain.

To answer your question.....I am really not sure. I know back when we did have layaway you could adjust what you had in layaway if it went on sale. I would say give it a shot, just make sure to go back in the time frame of the sale.

Hopefully I helped a little!

P.S.- If your local Meijer does have layaway still, you might want to call and see if their is still room available b/c @ my store we would close layaway around Halloween b/c it would get sooooo full!

Went to Meijer on Friday and they don't have layaway. Was going to purchase everything that I wanted at full price and then come back in with my receipts for price adjustments and was told they will not do it. I would have to return everything and it would have to be put back to stock and then repurchased. Was really bummed out.

What a bummer. Meijer just lost me as a customer on BF. I would always go to Meijer and use pm instead of going to wm or km. Last year and the year before I spent over 500 there on bf.Not this year! I didn't see much in their ad that I would waste my time to go for if they don't pm.