What do you think about stores holding back on popular items?

nanapapa

how do you know this?

are they the regular system or a special BF package? might be the BF add promises a minimum per store, and they have to meet that.

I don't think it is unfair... nothing says a store has to sell things... but not a stunt they can pull often. It is definitely frustrating

How do you know they're sitting on them til BF?? Just wondering?

As for the topic.....I agree that it sucks, but it the store has a certain quota to meet during their biggest sale time of the season, then there's really nothing that can be done about it unless you want to call corporate and complain.

Guest Metallion
it's completely fair, retailers are there for the purpose of making sales. They will be holding items that are in short supply and high demand to lure people into their stores. This is because they will not be able to afford to offer the huge sales of past years due to the economic situation. They have to have a hook to get people into their stores and this year it will be supply of high demand items instead of great sale prices.

It's completely fair. I don't remember seeing any law that says that stores HAVE to sell anything to anyone. First of all, maybe they have a reason for it. Maybe they can make more profit by holding out until Black Friday rather than selling them now. Second, it's not extremely easy to get a hold of popular items like the Wii. How fair would it be for Walmart to advertise the Wii in their Black Friday ad only to have maybe a handful of Wiis in stock come Black Friday? If they're holding out until BF, I actually think they're smart for doing so.

Stores need to treat their customers fairly. If they've got them then they should sell them. They will quickly loose customer loyalty this way.

Well, are the Wiis out in the open where people can see them or did an employee tell a customer that they have Wiis in the backroom but can't sell them? If they're not out in the open, they don't have to sell them.