If we want to get a flatscreen TV

davidsc1971

Our walmart had a 26" RCA flat screen for $378 in this weeks ad. I had to call 12... YES TWELEVE Walmarts before I found a store that had 2 left... This was the only thing my mom and dad said they wanted for christmas so I was trying to get it BEFORE BF that way I didn't have to fight anyone for one and I knew for sure I was done with my shopping!!!! Hopefully they have other deals like this for everyone looking for a GOOD BRAND TV and not just the junk ones they sell on BF

Most 26 and 32s are only 720P/1080i(not 1080p). Some will argue the difference. But reading lots on the net leads me to believe you won't notice on smaller sets. LCD is said to be cheaper, but plasmas have better pictures; I'm not sure. But you should be able to get a 32 LCD HDTV between $400-500 this year. I saw one online at CC for $499 last year. They may be cheaper this year. Good Luck.

Our walmart had a 26" RCA flat screen for $378 in this weeks ad. I had to call 12... YES TWELEVE Walmarts before I found a store that had 2 left... This was the only thing my mom and dad said they wanted for christmas so I was trying to get it BEFORE BF that way I didn't have to fight anyone for one and I knew for sure I was done with my shopping!!!! Hopefully they have other deals like this for everyone looking for a GOOD BRAND TV and not just the junk ones they sell on BF

I'd be skeptical of any RCA tv. They are one of the most returned brands.

Same problem here in Cleveland TN. Each store only received 4 sets. What a ridiculous thing for Walmart to do.

I'd be skeptical of any RCA tv. They are one of the most returned brands.

Maybe the new ones are....

I'm picking up a new flat screen to replace my dying RCA. After 19 years of service, its tube is showing its age, finally.

19 years. People knew how to make a TV back then! Thems were the good old days. :grandpa:

;)

Maybe the new ones are....

I'm picking up a new flat screen to replace my dying RCA. After 19 years of service, its tube is showing its age, finally.

19 years. People knew how to make a TV back then! Thems were the good old days. :grandpa:

;)

they used to make them to last. now they make them to last just past the warranty, so you have to replace them. we had a samsung that started having problems right about the time the warranty was up... a year. they did extend it, however, after my hubby fought with them about it. still couldn't fix it anyway, without jimmy rigging it. swore i'd never buy another samsung again.

We have been very happy with our Olevia Flat Screen 36" LCD HD tv, and my husband has four in his office at work and that he uses for editing stations, he LOVES them. The picture is Great!!!

What is neat too, is on ours at the house we used the channel "search" feature. Before we did it we just had our 20 or so Standard cable stations, after the "search" we have about 80 stations!

We found ours at Office Depot and ordered it online (40% off but it has been a few months) and picked up his at CompUSA.

I would just keep an eye out on ads and online. We purchased ours during non holiday months and on clearence and they cost less than alot of the BF sales.

Also read up on the differences between LCD and Plasma. Some people at altitude have had issues with Plasma tvs. We are above 5000 feet.