Ever been a victim of a shopping robbery on BF??

Scanner420

Most of you know what I;m talking about. You either go out early to get that "Gotta Have" toy of the season!! You rush into the store and get it early, then continue shopping, only to go to the check-out and find someone lifted it from your cart!

Never happened to me, but my wife swears she caught someone eyeing a toy a few years back at TRU.

Anyways.....discuss.

Thank God no! But we always take my mom's car and it has a really big trunk. She also lives right in the middle of EVERYTHING!! So we can very easily go back to her house and dump our stuff as we fill up the car. That's usually when we break out the snacks and pick out the next few stores we want to shop!

I've heard of that happening and am always worried that it it will happen to me... so what I try to do is cover up any of the "gotta have" items in my cart with other items I'm purchasing! For example: at Wal-Mart, I'll lay the cheap PJs or an item I'm pricematching on top of the earlybird Barbie or Care Bear or whatever! ;)

Or if the item is small enough, I've even (temporarily) resorted to laying it in the seat section of my cart and casually draping my coat over it while I continue to shop! Then as soon as I find something else to buy that will cover it up fairly well, I'll move it to the bottom of the cart as I pick up the other item and lay it over it! :P

Sneaky? yes

Wrong? No -- I'm just trying to curb others from the temptation of shopping from MY cart! LOL

Kinda the opposite here. Years ago my wife and sister went shopping together in my sister's car. My wife had filled a cart and paid for everything before my sister was done shopping, so she got the keys from my sister and unloaded everything into the trunk of the car then went back in to help. When they had finally finished and got back to the car, my wife realized she hadn't put her treasures into my sister's car at all. It was an identical model and color car that had been parked nearby. So much for unique keys! My wife robbed herself and played secret Santa with some strangers. I just wish I could have seen the reaction on their faces when they found the stuff magically deposited into the locked trunk of their car!

The worst I got was at WM -- I left my shopping cart to the side of the aisle so that I can quickly see if they had a specific toy (the toys aisles were crammed w/people and carts). When I got back, the articles on my cart where on the floor... they took my cart! ARGH! :eek:

I had to pick up everything and find another cart! The NERVE!

The worst I got was at WM -- I left my shopping cart to the side of the aisle so that I can quickly see if they had a specific toy (the toys aisles were crammed w/people and carts). When I got back, the articles on my cart where on the floor... they took my cart! ARGH! :eek:

:eyepoppin i'd be flipping out if i came back to see that.

Someone did that to a friend of mine two years ago at TRU. I ran into her and she was carrrying a bundle. She said someone dumped her items and took off with her cart. I felt bad for her since she was recovering from back surgery and talked with a manager, then ran out and got her another one. (They were only letting in a few hundred people at a time back then.) She gave me a 20% coupon as a reward. :thumbsup:

I've seen that done too... which is why:

1) at WM, I pick up everything I possibly can from the "regular" aisles BEFORE they unwrap the earlybird stuff (it's a super WM that stays open, thankfully!:) ) or

2) if I HAVE to venture into an area that's crowded and can't manage to squeeze my way thru with my cart (without causing injury to myself or others :rolleyes: ), I'll find some way to either keep one hand on the cart while I reach into the mess, or find a place to park the cart where I can clearly see it and hopefully get back to it before someone could get very far with it!;) or

3) if the item in the crowded area is something that isn't a "gotta have" for everyone else, I'll skip it and come back later in the day to get it!

It's pretty sad that we have to be paranoid :gdparanoid: about stuff that SHOULD be common courtesy!:(:mad: What ever happened to courtesy and RESPECT, anyway?!:confused:

Some people just don't have any and others decide that anything goes. Sadly those two things are severely lacking in today's society, and that's why I'm happy my kids know please, thank you, excuse me and I'm sorry. If they were the only words they ever spoke I'd be happy.

Thankfully I've never had something taken from my cart. Usually have a nice big coat to hide things ;)

My Dh went to Kmart one year with me on Thanksgiving day. His job was to get pillows that were on sale. A lil old lady drove her cart right up to his and took them OUT of his cart while HE watched and said" Oh it's okay, I reaally didn't want those!!!" He won't go anymore, or let any of the kids. Says it is too dangerous!!

if you are concerned with someone taking something from your cart, depending on the store you could always get one of the plastic Rubbermaid-type containers with a lid (or even a plastic garbage container with a lid). Put the good stuff inside and then get rid of the container (or buy it) when you are done at the store.

Several years ago when dvd players had only been out for short while and the hot item to get for around 70.00 on a bf. K-mart had just started their open on Thanksgiving day sales, My Mother and I got up extra early 3rd and 4th in line that year. We each got one and we were sharing a cart, while checking out other sale items I was standing just a few inches from the cart, turned sideways and out of the corner of my eye I saw someone reaching into my cart and trying take one of them....I turned and yelled at them grabbing the cart back to me, then I shoved it trying to push them away, I am sure her heels were sore from the cart hitting them, while they were running away....I was so ticked....grabbed my cart and headed for the check out, all while announcing very loudly for everyone to watch their items as there was a lady in a black sweater with long brown hair trying to steal items out of carts....didn't see her again on the way out, but made sure everyone around me knew to be on the lookout, told the cashier as I was checking out, but she could have cared less, and at that point all I wanted to do was get my prize home and focus on dinner.

I had the last vcr-tv combo at best buy a couple of years ago and took it off the display/pile and had it in my hands and a man walked up and said it was his and tried to take it out of my hands and I said no it's not that it was mine and he just walked away. I think he was trying to intimidate me into giving it up. That was the last time that I went to BB on BF.

I never use shopping carts on bf!

Never happened to anyone in my family that I know of. Almost happened to my dad and me a couple years ago when we were at Target or some place getting a couple DVDs on our way home.

But generally we don't shop at the places where you need a cart. We go to HH Gregg and then Ace and maybe grab something quick at Home Depot or Target.

Last year I had some ___ try to grab one of the vouchers I had received for a laptop out of my hands @ best buy.

The keyword is try. She didn't get very far.

I stared her down for the rest of the time we were inline. Not trying to be intimidating , but just wondering wtf she was thinking!!?

Seven years ago I worked at Wal-Mart as a CSM. We had a fight to break out at a sister store (about 15 minutes away) due to a lady reaching in and taking a TV out of another customers cart and trying to put it in hers. BIG MESS because of a rude person!

The CP dolls year before last, I almost took someone else. Atleast she said they were hers. They were not in her biggie. They were just laying there. But she was mean and acted like she was going to beat me up!!! No kidding!

Everyone ended up traded back and forth until everyone got the ones they wanted. It was funny.

Not really a robbery, but a near cart theft. It was in Walmart. I had turned to look at a toy on the shelf. Not even two seconds later a lady comes buzzing along and swipes my cart. I said, "Excuse me, but that's my cart!" She looked at me and says, "Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize it was yours." She got all red faced because she knew she was busted. I was standing right next to my cart so she knew it was mine. She just wanted something that was in my cart. :(

if you are concerned with someone taking something from your cart, depending on the store you could always get one of the plastic Rubbermaid-type containers with a lid (or even a plastic garbage container with a lid). Put the good stuff inside and then get rid of the container (or buy it) when you are done at the store.

I LOVE this idea, Brad-- TY!! I think I know what I'll have in my cart at WM this year! ;)

And ya know, if you needed the container anyway and bought it, you could use it to put all your goodies back into and set the whole thing in the car-- no messing with transferring ump-teen bags from cart to car! :yup:

Almost happened to my Mom one year. We were @ WM when the DVD players were like $25- $30. We had been there all morning, fought for 2 (we were sharing a buggy) of the few players they actually had in stock, and had moved on to the rest of our shopping.

My Mom is maybe 5'1" tall & this huge man at least 6'4" comes up and starts to take BOTH the dvd players out of our buggy. I heard my Mom raise her voice, turned to look for her & she was pulling them away from him. He was not giving up. I ran over there & between the 2 of us, we made enough noise that a manager came over & escourted the man from the store. He refused to give up, he was hollering at the mgr the entire way out the door! :-)

The nerve of some people! We fought for our $30 DVD players TWICE that BF!

Kinda the opposite here. Years ago my wife and sister went shopping together in my sister's car. My wife had filled a cart and paid for everything before my sister was done shopping, so she got the keys from my sister and unloaded everything into the trunk of the car then went back in to help. When they had finally finished and got back to the car, my wife realized she hadn't put her treasures into my sister's car at all. It was an identical model and color car that had been parked nearby. So much for unique keys! My wife robbed herself and played secret Santa with some strangers. I just wish I could have seen the reaction on their faces when they found the stuff magically deposited into the locked trunk of their car!

oh man.. i would cry if i did that...

At my BB this girl kept on flirting with everyone so that she can get one of the laptop tickets, then she was arguing with me that she needs the laptop more then me. She like im going to law school what r u doing with your life? and i told her i go to medic school lol. oh yeah and i was lucky enough to get two of the laptops, one toshiba and the other hp, so she came up to me had the nerve to ask me what i was doing with two laptops.