Walmart Observations

starshine

Just got back from Walmart and I just noticed alot of GE appliances stacked in the front of the store. Nice big roasters and a griddle grill combo. Also George Foreman BBQ grill and canister vacs like the 20 dollar ones from last year. So maybe some BF items? Anyone else made and WM observations?

I'm like some others here with no other stores to choose from...unfortunately. I saw a meat slicer this weekend that I almost bought last year for my dad (he's into gadgets like that). I didn't buy it but I might this year. They haven't had them in stock since last year before Christmas so maybe they are a BF item.

Well, I still have to go to Walmart-- the nail salon is in the store-- but I don't have to buy anything else! I've started driving to the Supertarget that's further away for most of my stuff, hate that I have to feel that way. But other than one greeter and a couple of cashiers at the Walmart, they don't give a rat's patootie.

I haven't been in one recently either, and less so because of their being schmucks. I don't post here much, but wanted to interject something:

1. If "we" as a collective group didn't matter, they wouldn't be going to these lengths to try to stifle us. So to everyone, that's called reverse psychology, and you are obviously VERY important if they are trying to keep you quiet. We DO matter. Why? Because WE are the group that they are desperately trying to win over. We're a "challenge." They've got all the rest of the people who will "shop there anyway." They know that WE are the ones that matter most, and given the opportunity, we're the ones who can create bad press for them. On the flip side, they also know that we are very savvy shoppers, and will go "out of our way" to secure a deal on something because we know all the tricks, loopholes, and whatnot of getting those deals. The problem lies in this: if the "wrong people" (that would be us) get the information on the deals to be had, and physically GET the deals, then that other group of shoppers will go away disappointed at not having gotten a deal on BF, and might change their shopping habits because they are mad at not having gotten the deal. Follow that? We, as a small, collective group could single-handedly change the shopping habits of the "majority" by simply throwing a wrench in WM's perfect little setup: That being that the "rest" of the shopping community shops at WM by "default" whereas we shop there to "cherry pick." I'm rambling, but do you get the point? We're a "force to be reckoned with" and if they don't "do something about us" then we might just toss that wrench in their perfect little plan to brainwash the rest of the world's shoppers.

2. Personally, if I have other options (KM, Target), I exercise them. I may be a "cheap-skate" in the long run, but I also have my standards, and my "regular" standard is a lot higher than what WM regularly provides in a shopping experience.

3. I don't have access to a printer, or the key to the 'secret safe' where they store the ad, but I am a keen observer when it comes to shopping. I'll scope out my local WM at lunchtime to see what I can come up with

The items you saw are most likely the items they are putting on their pre-blackfriday sale that will start later this week. I noticed the same things that you did.

Truth of the matter- no matter how much I like to pretend and no matter what they have done in past, present and future until I win the lottery or marry someone rich I probably have no choice but to shop at the evil empire. In past I have made it my first stop however that may not be this year. It just depends what I see that I'm after the most.

I totally agree lorilwayne until I'm rich and can pick and choose where I shop I have to shop where the best deals are. I don't really care if they think I matter or not as long as I get a good deal and I see my families happy faces on Christmas morning I will kowtow to the WM fat cats and shell out the bucks to them for the best deals.

I wont shop walmart.. Walmart is only 1 mile from house . We have a kmart just down the street if i dont want to shop there I have to go to Brunswick which is over 30 miles away or Fernadina which is 20 miles away.. Well , you know what I travel that so I dont have to walk in my butt into walmart :mad: Now Dh loves walmart and i cant convince him otherwise :( Luckly he doesnt go there to often :rolleyes: