Looking for deal on Dyson vacuum

nat1jen

My Oreck just bit the dust tonight after about 10 long years. It was literally smoking.:eyepoppin I need something that picks up massive amounts of pet hair because we have 3 dogs. I want something that lasts. I've used Hoover and other brands in the past, and they have to be replaced within a year. That's no bargain for me!

Does anyone know of any deals on Dyson vacuum cleaners--particularly the animals? I appreciate any help.:)

Lu

Oreck stores can fix them fast. I have a ten year old oreck I got in exchange for some work and thought it would void the warranty. They said it didn't matter. They completey took it apart and cleaned and fixed it. The only thing they charged me for is a part the was badly broken and it was 10.00. While if you buy a dyson you have to mail it off to get fixed and they can keep it for serveral weeks to months. I fix vacuum as a side job and my best advice is get the oreck fixed or get a new one (the prices have gone down). I have owned a dyson animal and sold it for another oreck!!!

Sears is a great place to check for a deal on vaccumm cleaners. you have to ask if they have any they have marked WAY down (you can ask for any electronic/appliance item) because they keep a list of stuff they have marked down for way cheap. I got a progressive Kenmore vac there last year for $30, that was regularly $400. And my friend got a Dyson a couple of weeks ago for $200. You just have to ask.

I got my Dyson at Walmart for $378 and it came with a $100 Walmart Gift Card. I love my Dyson. I have a long hair cat and it picks up the cat hair with no problem. It actually leaves the indentions in the carpet where it just vacuumed. Some people believe they aren't worth the hype (maybe it's more of the price), but I have used tons of vacuum cleaners in the past and I haven't had one that has picked up dirt they the Dyson has.

I think it was during the winter last year, probably January, that our Target clearanced out the pink Dysons. They made it to 50% off before they were all snatched up. That is a great deal on a Dyson. Someone in the Target thread a few days ago mentioned that their Target now has the pink ones at 30% off but I have not seen any discounted at any of my stores yet. I would definitely keep an eye out though-that is the only time I have ever saw a Dyson on clearance.

If you buy a Dyson, buy an extended warranty. I've had mine out three times for service. The beater brush motor in my Animal wore out twice -- but once it just lost it's suction, they had to adjust some stuff. I bought the Animal 2 years ago.

My Dyson was worthless on tile and hardwood until I bought the $39.99 (plus $6.95 ship) Hard Surface tool:

http://www.dyson.com/store/parts.asp?accessory=ACC-HARDFTOOL-GEN&product=DC14-ANIMAL_US

http://media.dyson.com/images/products/accessories/lrg_ACC-HARDFTOOL-GEN.jpg

Otherwise, it just blows the cat hair around on a bare floor. Prior to buying that overpriced accessory, we had resorted to using a broom on our tile floor and using the Dyson's hose to suck up the pile.

In 2 more years, when the warranty from BB is up, we're just going to cut our losses and buy something else. The ergonomics are all wrong unless you are 7.5' tall (I'm 6').

Like you my oreck just died. I love my Oreck. I bought another one

go here for a great deal www.oreck.com/c5

it is the old style deluxe just without the new "Intelashield" which is just an antimicrobial coating to inhibit bactreria on the outside of the unit. Hey I would rather save $200

I ordered one of these for my store. You don't get any freebies with this discounted one. But you do get some bags.

forget the cordless iron it is junk, but the small vac is good, but I already had one

My Oreck was 9 years old and I didn't realize how much the brush was worn until I got the new one.

I have the DC 14 and Love it. It's 3 or 4 years old and haven't had any problems. I got mine at Linen's N' Things when they were running a double points, so I got $40 LNT certificate. At the time I could not use 20% store coupon, a previous post said they were able to.

I just got the d17 Absolute Animal a couple of weeks ago from linens n things with free shipping and 20% off... I love it!!! I recomend if you you are going with the animal spend the extra $$$ and get the Absolute because it has a bursh button on top where as the dc07 has a lever on the bottom to turn the brush on and off for hardwoods

I was just coming here to post this same post. I just have a cheapie bissell and I know it is not doing what it needs to on my carpet. They still look the same after vacuumed. I am just torn on what to buy. I want to buy something that works great. I just don't know about buying the bagged vacuums again. Everyone has different opinions though.