Manhattan?

newyorkgril

I know that there is a Target in Manhattan, but I'm not exactly sure where it is. I do remember that it is going up towards The Bronx (if that helps). There are two in Brooklyn if you decide to go that way. One is in downtown Brooklyn, by Atlantic Ave., if you drive you can take the BQE to the Atlantic exit and it is a few blocks up, or you can take the train. The other one is kind of far on the Belt Parkway, exit 15. Hth.

From midtown Manhattan, your best bet is probably the Target on Queens Boulevard in Queens. If traveling by transit, take the R or V train to Grand Ave. Newtown and walk one block east. There is also a Best Buy in the same building. A 5 minute walk east (at the Woodhaven Blvd station) is Queens Mall, with Macy's, JC Penney, and all the usuall mall chain stores. Another 10 minute walk east under the Long Island Expressway is Sears, Circuit City, Marshalls, (and a Kohls under construction). There is a steady flow of shoppers moving between stores along that (north) side of Queens Boulevard every day.

The second closest Target to Midtown (closer than Brooklyn or Bronx) is in Newport Mall in Jersey City, which is relatively easy to access by PATH subway train from Herald Square. That mall also has some of the usual mall anchors and mall chains.

There is a KMART :yawn: (in the building where I work) on 34th Street between 7th and 8th Avenues, but I like Target better, too. :)