Does anyone think BB will try and file a lawsuit to remove ads again this year?

LadyIzShy

I remember last year BB tied to sue over the ads being posted in advance of the sale. I don't see WHY as they did the best sales of ANY retailer last BF. I would think they are happy the sales get out so peopel can plan on shopping there.

Do you think they will let up this year or file a lawsuit?

FYI, Best Buy did not try to sue this site last year. I don't think I even heard from their legal team at all.

Brad I know this is out of place. I have Questions: Administrator Does that mean you take care of the site? Or does that mean you created the site? Do I try to find you for site related questions or just put them on the site. When I was just thumbing through the posts I saw your replies alot and I was just wondering . These questions are from someone that knows nothing about message boards and such or computers at all for that matter. Thanks

Brad I know this is out of place. I have Questions: Administrator Does that mean you take care of the site? Or does that mean you created the site? Do I try to find you for site related questions or just put them on the site. When I was just thumbing through the posts I saw your replies alot and I was just wondering . These questions are from someone that knows nothing about message boards and such or computers at all for that matter. Thanks

Yes, I take care of the site, own the site, created the site, etc...

If you have questions about the site, you can either contact me or post in the "Discuss GottaDeal" forum. There is also info in the "GottaDeal.com Forum FAQs" forum as well that you might find helpful.

If you have questions about the site, you can either contact me or post in the "Discuss GottaDeal" forum. There is also info in the "GottaDeal.com Forum FAQs" forum as well that you might find helpful.

Very cool I'm learning Thank again

yes best buy threatened to sue at least one site. NOT this one but they had forced the site to remove the ad scan. I have looked at other sites and MUCH prefer gottadeal. I hope best buy leaves this site alone and is just happy peopel want to shop there.

yes best buy threatened to sue at least one site. NOT this one but they had forced the site to remove the ad scan. I have looked at other sites and MUCH prefer gottadeal. I hope best buy leaves this site alone and is just happy peopel want to shop there.

Welcome to the community and please stick around year around!

So who might be the Queen of black friday?:fryingpan

I can understand why it would upset them in regards to the ad's being prematurely released. Simple really...they don't want the "other" guys to see what their doing. It would allow them to adjust their pricing to be more competitive towards BB. Therefore, possibly loose sales to those "other" guys.

I can understand why it would upset them in regards to the ad's being prematurely released. Simple really...they don't want the "other" guys to see what their doing. It would allow them to adjust their pricing to be more competitive towards BB. Therefore, possibly loose sales to those "other" guys.

I see this argument every year and every year it pretty much makes no sense.

Here we are 24 days from Black Friday. The stores have, months and months ago, ordered product for this year's BF, set prices, and already have their layouts for their ads developed. Seeing a competitor's ad 2-3 weeks prior to the sale would actually do very little to "help" a competitor.....decisions have already been made and almost all are irrevocable this late into the BF cycle.

To make wholesale changes in pricing, say on computers or TVs within a week or two of the sale, would expensive at least......reprints of the sale ads, changing pricing stickers for all the stores that would have already received their BF sales paraphernalia, working out new rebate details with the respective rebate company they've negotiated with, reprint rebate forms, and on and on.

Each step costs money, and when you're talking about adjusting prices on doorbuster items, which are the items that typically draw the most people to the store, I'd think the store chain would be hesitant to do so.....esp. since most doorbusters are sold at cost or even below cost, hence their being called "loss-leaders", and which is why they are sold in such limited quantities.

Granted, two years ago Wal-Mart did put out an addition to their sales ad that had adjusted a few prices and/or added a few items, but that was an exception....a big exception....rarely done. Last year Best Buy had added an additional doorbuster laptop to their lineup, one not in their advert....a $250 Toshiba lappy. Again, rare action, but that was probably easier to accomplish than making changes throughout the system to current pricing.

Honestly, I don't think leaking the prices gives much of a competitive advantage to anyone in this instance. This is a sale that's planned so far in advance that at this late date, almost everything is pretty much already set in stone.

I think it's more that upper management gets at least perturbed and maybe embarrassed by the continuing fact that middle and lower management continue to be unable to keep their pricing, much less their entire advert, from leaking outside the corporate umbrella......which just shows upper management that they continue to have less control than they actually think they have over what really happens outside their windows.