19" LCD for < $100

len_mullen

I was just in Staples buying two $140 19" LCDs -- which, without rebates and given the specs, strikes me as a very good deal. One of the associates and I were talking about BF and he told me he heard there would be a <$100 19" LCD. I'll probably get one.

Take if for what it's worth -- a rumor from an employee -- but there's not much else to talk about right now.

I bet the under < $100 will be some off name with a 1 year warranty and might even have dead pixes. Like the saying usually goes you get what you paid for.

Could be, but a 19" lcd at that price would be attractive for a lot of people. If it has a dead pixel -- and it is even noticeable -- bring it back for another or a refund within 14 days.

In general, LCDs are much improved and low end is pretty good. For gamers or movie watchers, contrast and brightness matter. I have a lot of LCDs, and I cannot say that DVI matters. I look for it as a feature and indicator of quality, but it's not a show stopper.

Could be, but a 19" lcd at that price would be attractive for a lot of people. If it has a dead pixel -- and it is even noticeable -- bring it back for another or a refund within 14 days.

In general, LCDs are much improved and low end is pretty good. For gamers or movie watchers, contrast and brightness matter. I have a lot of LCDs, and I cannot say that DVI matters. I look for it as a feature and indicator of quality, but it's not a show stopper.

i picked up the samsung 20" from staples last year (i think it was $179). it eventually developed a lazy pixel but it fixes itself and after a few months of use i no longer even see it. i play a lot of games and watch a ton of movies, the refresh rate on this thing is amazing. would never go back to crt.

if they have another one like this again i'll be grabbing it for sure.

Can these 19" LCD $140 monitors be used as a TV?

In addition to using a PC with a tuner card, you can also but a set top box tuner that supports DVI or VGA output. Or you can hook one up with an HDMI to DVI cable.

For the price, though, it isn't worth the effort. A decent HD tuner box costs about $150-200. The generally preferred tuner is the Samsung H260F, which goes between $159 and $179.

By the time you pay that much you could probably have gotten a similar sized HDTV on BF.

• 2 weeks later...
I know for a fact that staples hasnt released pricing to store levels yet. We have a list of items but no pricing. I know a 19in is on there we also we have a 32 and a 42 inch LCD HDTV also brands unkown at this moment. I will try to get more info asap.

I know for a fact that staples hasnt released pricing to store levels yet. We have a list of items but no pricing. I know a 19in is on there we also we have a 32 and a 42 inch LCD HDTV also brands unkown at this moment. I will try to get more info asap.

If you have a list of items, why don't we (meaning us GottaDealers) have a list of items? :deal:

Okay

Envision 32inch LCD HDTV my guess would be 399 after 100 dollar rebate

Envision 42inch LCD HDTV my guess would be 899 or 999 after 100 dollar rebate

Compaq F712NR Notebook I would say 399 but not sure

X2Gen 19in Widescreen Monitor I think this is going to be 99 after 40 or 50 dollar rebate

Brands are correct but I do know not all store will carry the notebook and the 42 inch LCD.

Pricing would be a educated guess but Its going to be close to those

COMPAQ AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual-Core Mobile Technology + HIGH-SPEED INTERNET + Wireless g Router +

(Reg. $733.98)

$399.99 FOR ALL

thru Nov 3

SAVE $333 INSTANTLY*

In-Home Networking Service

Get everything you need to surf securely without wires

(F712NR)/(WGR614NA)

8575721/5507043/7882623

I found this in my Best Buy flyer. It is the same as the one posted above at Staples plus it comes with wireless router. Although not sure if you have to sign up for internet access to get deal.

Okay here are the model numbers to the TVs and monitor

Envision 32 inch LCD HDTV L32W761

Envision 42 inch LCD HDTV L42W761

X2Gen 19 inch Monitor M19U4

Some of the other items I have found but i dont know the prices on

Maxtor 500GB external

WD 120GB Passport

Norton Systemworks

Tom Tom One 3rd ed

Epson R280

Omnitech 7in Digital Frame

Omnitech 11in Digital Frame

Hp m737

hp DJ1455

Sandisk 4gb Readyboost USB

Norton 360

Sandisk 2gb Micro sd

Motorola h350 Bluetooth

Hp Photosmart 5180

Samsung ML2510

4x6 60 sheets photo paper staples brand

Protron 7 in protable dvd player

Sandisk 2gb memory stick pro duo

Sandisk 2gb sd card

pny 1gb 3200 DT memory

pny 1gb2700 NB memory

Sandisk 2gb ultra compact flash

300gb internal hard drive

microsoft wireless keyborad combo 4000 (stores with laptops will not have these)

12 sheet shredder

On 10/30 you posted that no pricing had been released to stores. On 10/31, you confirmed what my friend shared on 10/7. Maybe Staples leaks are more prevalent than you know ;)

In my experience, Staples associates are *very* knowledgeable *way* before BF. They are right 100% so I don't think it's pure speculation