CompUSA this year less store

chong67

• 2 weeks later...

the year before last the lines started thanksgiving day around 5pm and they opened on midnight. in 2006 the lines must have started much earlier, i ended up going late and not staying. line was worse than best buy.

don't plan on going this year to compusa at all, rather get similar deals online.

the one on OBT or the on in Altamaonte Springs

I've been going to the one in Altamonte Springs. You planning on going out there this year? I was 3rd in line 2005. =)

Some of you may recall their smug attitude toward customers last year. They really thought that their marketing strategy was a good one. Well, it flopped big time. I used to shop there on Black friday, and after last year's rebate laden offering, i will be cautiously "less than optimistic" that they have learned their lesson.

• 2 weeks later...

I've never had a problem with their rebates. I used to 'live' on them. The problem with rebates is most people forget to do them in time or they don't make copies and track it.

Or cannot follow instructions or think they know better and make mistakes.

That said, many rebate companies stack the deck by invalidly rejecting claims, or simply never paying them. You need to learn which ones to avoid and go after the companies that reject your claims.