Anyone Going After a Home Theater System on BF?

Gurnee Al

I am. Without me going through all of the past ads, does anyone who was shopping for a system in past years remember who had the best deals on them? I may end up at BB, because I have some RewardZone dollars to spend there. I doubt Home Theater is a huge seller on BF, so maybe I don't need to be in front of any lines to score a good deal.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Macrossmaster

Here I would put in a good word for eBay, believe it or not. I was looking at Sony packages to go with a new 42" XBR from Sony and found a liquidator selling a $400 Theater system for just over $200. Bought a SquareTrade warranty for three years and it just arrived today, works like a dream. You might consider that. Also, Overstock.com has a nice Sony at the moment for $300 – those speaker towers are lovely.

http://www.overstock.com/Electronics/Sony-Home-Theater-DVD-5.1-Surround-Sound-System/2609264/product.html

I am. Without me going through all of the past ads, does anyone who was shopping for a system in past years remember who had the best deals on them? I may end up at BB, because I have some RewardZone dollars to spend there. I doubt Home Theater is a huge seller on BF, so maybe I don't need to be in front of any lines to score a good deal.

Club Onkyo members get an extra 10% discount on refurbs using the Code "HALL" until 10/31.

Joining is free and you get an 10 Club Onkyo points for joining, which is worth an extra 10% off.

Search for "shoponkyo"

I bought my system from them and I highly recommend them.

Mike

In the same boat as everyone here.

Sears has the A3 HD DVD player. If that holds true, I'll be camping at sears for that baby.

However, even if it is, if BB has a steal on a new LCD / Home Ent, I'll hit BB and send someone to camp for the A3.

(Full Supporter of HD -DVD). Mostly tied to my work but heh. Sub 200 players will allow HD -DVD to pull off a victory.

Thanks for all of the suggestions. I'm willing to spend about $500 for one, so I should be able to get a very good system, if one is on sale on BF. I'm thinking some in the $600 to $800 range might end up at about $500 on BF, which should get me nice system.

I'm hoping for BB, because of my Rewardzone dollars to spend before the end of the year, but if I can find one that I want elsewhere for less, I guess I'll just have to use my Rewardzone dollars for something else at BB!! :)