TomTom ONE Portable GPS Vehicle Navigation System - $199.99 Shipped @ Amazon.com

Brad

I personally have the TomTom910 and have been very happy with it. I paid about $400 last year after mail in rebate. I bought top of the line because I am on the road alot. If you are buying it for occasional use any of them should do. There will probably be a lot of great BF deals on these since they were hot last BF. This one isn't a bad price at all at Amazon. The reviews either lean towards TomTom or Garmin Nuvo's. I have used both and they are both really good units.

By the way a few months ago, my TomTom stopped working. After one email and telephone call they promptly replaced it. I was very impressed with their customer service. I wanted to mention this because for some reason, everyone always slams their Cust Serv is the reviews.

I have this exact Tom Tom One .. that DH paid $399.00 for at Best Buy last Christmas.

This little Gizmo is a Lifesaver!! I now travel in and out of Boston and all my highway and city anxiety is gone!!

$199.99 is a great deal!!

The screen is touch screen, you just plug in the address, city or destination.

The screen is SIMPLE to read, not complicated or cluttered.

I use mine EVERY DAY - and I have a little case for it, that I bought at Best Buy.

Hope that helps someone!

Catrin

I've been thinking about getting this exact unit. I'm very new to the whole GPS thing and I know very little about them. A few questions:

1. I'm moving to a brand new area and when I go on mapquest some of the streets in this area don't even exist yet. Will I have this problem with a gps vehicle navigation system?

2. There are always new streets and places being built....how does the system get updated? Do I have to keep purchasing new units or upgrades? Or does it just automatically update?

3. Do I have to purchase any kind of monthly service for anything?

Thanks!

Michelle