I wonder if like last year they will have some great buys earlier then Black Friday

mcmc

Has anyone heard. Like last year they had the laptop computer on sale on Nov. 5th. I got that one for my daughter last year. The hardrive went out on it but I had bought the extended warranty plus it was still under warranty anyway. Hp was very good about the whole thing shipped it to them they put in a new hard drive and shipped it back it was only gone a week. So we have been very happy with that laptop.

Just curious if they will start gread deals earlier again like last year.

Soon as someone hears something it'll get posted in here.

I'm hoping for that to happen again this year as well. I need both a new laptop and desktop computer for school. A friend of mine bought the WM laptop last year (still going strong to this day) and I'd really like one just like it, however the problem is I need to camp out at another electronics store on BF for specific parts I need so I can build my desktop personally. WM having an early sale on a cheap laptop and then going to the other store on BF for everything else would work out just nicely for me this year.

Don't remember the exact dates, but if memory recalls correctly it was rumored at least a good month before the official sale, scans leaked a few weeks before the sale, the official ad for it was available in stores about a week before the sale, then the regular ad in the newspaper had it on the front page and was given out the day of.

I bought a laptop from WM on Black Friday. It was around 398.00. My daughter also bought one for her husband. The line wasn't too bad either. I ended up not needing/wanting the one I bought so I sold it to a friend.

I need one this year, so I'm holding out until BF. Also want a video camera. Just waiting for the ads.

Don't forget that most of the stores you can go online and buy the stuff without waiting in line.

When I was in Walmart the other day, they had a laptop regular price $398. It was an Acer. I don't remember what last year's was, but for anyone looking for an inexpensive one, it may be worth looking into.

Last year's $398 early bird laptop:

Compaq Presario v5305wm

Wal-Mart's current cheapy (in store $398, on line $428):

Acer Aspire 3680

The regularly priced Acer matches the price and nearly matches the specs on last year's early bird Compaq (except for slightly different processor and the Acer has 20GB more hard drive space). I looked at that Acer and it's pretty darn good for basic useage. If that's their regular everday price now, better batten down the hatches for this year folks. :shock:

I'm guessing the sale will probably be starting November 2. That is just judging on the past years. I know that the last 2 years they have had an early sale that started the first Friday in November and lasted until just before Thanksgiving. Some items fly off the shelves and others linger. That seems to be a trend as pther stores seem to have some pretty good sales the last 2 weeks before Thanksgiving leading up to the grand-daddy of them all BLACK FRIDAY! Any rumored sales would be greatly appreciated as I have 2 teenagers and a 3rd that is an almost teen.

I know last year they had a MP3 player that was white that was reasonably priced. I got 2 one for each of our girls and they still work well and serve their needs.

I have no official saying on this as I'm not an employee of walmart however I do shop their frequently and should probably own stock in the company based on the amount of money I spend there.

Compaq Presario v5305wm

Acer Aspire 3680

The regularly priced Acer matches the price and nearly matches the specs on last year's early bird Compaq (except for slightly different processor and the Acer has 20GB more hard drive space). I looked at that Acer and it's pretty darn good for basic useage. If that's their regular everday price now, better batten down the hatches for this year folks. :shock:

That's what I was thinking. Compaq carries the name, but the specs looked better than I remembered. I'm looking for a laptop to run between $198 and $298 this year.

Compaq Presario v5305wm

Acer Aspire 3680

My mom has an acer and I love it, after she bought it BB or CC, don't member, WM starting selling them. I don't know how much she paid, but WM price is good.

I'm guessing the sale will probably be starting November 2. That is just judging on the past years. I know that the last 2 years they have had an early sale that started the first Friday in November and lasted until just before Thanksgiving. Some items fly off the shelves and others linger. That seems to be a trend as pther stores seem to have some pretty good sales the last 2 weeks before Thanksgiving leading up to the grand-daddy of them all BLACK FRIDAY! Any rumored sales would be greatly appreciated as I have 2 teenagers and a 3rd that is an almost teen.

I know last year they had a MP3 player that was white that was reasonably priced. I got 2 one for each of our girls and they still work well and serve their needs.

I have no official saying on this as I'm not an employee of walmart however I do shop their frequently and should probably own stock in the company based on the amount of money I spend there.

Aint that the truth.. they put in a super walmart 3.5 miles from me. I swear I givethem all my money. If they sold wood id never leave.

I need a laptop for the teenlet. if WM has an early sale we should know by then VIA Gottadeal.com if its a good price or not. I hope they do because the idea of spending all of turkey day in line at BB is not thrilling to me.

I'm hoping for that as well. I need both a laptop and a desktop. Gotta wait in line somewhere else on BF to get what I need for the desktop (the more important of the two), so I need a different game plan for the laptop.

• 1 month later...
I just called walmart to ask if they had any Wii in stock and the electronics associate said there is an ad coming out for November 4th and she thinks there will be a shipment for that day. Soooooooo, I bet that is the day if they have any sales earlier than bf it will be for November 4th.