Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Photo

Worst/Best gift you ever received?

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#1 msdarkness  OFFLINE  

msdarkness

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Sep 7, 2007 - 12:11 pm

My best would be Christmas Eve 04 we found out we were going to have another baby My worst would have to be Top 100 Country Cd and a candle that smelled like a retirement home....(Im so not a country music gal and I am picky on smells )

#2 Kaarak  OFFLINE  

Kaarak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 120 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 7, 2007 - 12:44 pm

I would have loved that CD! Worst: An awful sweater my boyfriends sister got me Best: I loved my silver tiffany bead necklace.

#3 savaladez  OFFLINE  

savaladez

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 177 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 7, 2007 - 2:19 pm

My best: My Daughter on Christmas Eve 2004 My Worst: None. Always getting a present is good no matter what it is :D

#4 Christy Garner  OFFLINE  

Christy Garner

Looking for a Deal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 372 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 7, 2007 - 5:44 pm

Best: My ds 11 who was born 2 weeks before Christmas in 1995. Worst: Clothes that are to small

#5 amyers12345  OFFLINE  

amyers12345

Unofficial Resident Tax Pro

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,498 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 8, 2007 - 1:56 pm

best: I'm still thinking, but probably my EasyShare worst: One year, Santa brought me a pottery wheel, knowing that I have a horrible phobia of clay/play doh
The biggest impact you can make on the environment is to leave as little impact as possible. -Toyota :D

#6 sadmom5  OFFLINE  

sadmom5

happily addicted member

• 1,744 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 8, 2007 - 2:40 pm

best-my grandaughter-christmas day-1999

#7 jarerice  OFFLINE  

jarerice

Jaime

• 3,618 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 8, 2007 - 6:54 pm

the best were the circle negclace and diamond ring from last year. the worst would be a straw purse a long time ago.

#8 jdrd90  OFFLINE  

jdrd90

• 1,502 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 9, 2007 - 10:44 am

The best: My daughter ( a week after Christmas) The worst: A laundry basket :no: What was DH thinking???? lol
I Believe

#9 laydebug18  OFFLINE  

laydebug18

HaHa...wait...What?!?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 63 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Sep 9, 2007 - 10:49 am

Best: When I was the only child who was gettin christmas I got anything I wanted Worst: When I had to start sharing my christmas with my sister who was born around christmas im kidden :fluffy: Best: PSP Worst: grandma thought it would be funny to give me rock in a REALLY big box, to make me think i got something big

:lolrun: :yup: :woot2:I LOVE FREEBIES :cheesy: :multi: :g_dance:

"Cant Be Old & Wise if you were never Young & Crazy"

#10 mgmckny  OFFLINE  

mgmckny

• 2,837 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 9, 2007 - 11:16 am

Best-- My oldest son, 12/1/93 Worst--double boiler and ceiling fan 1992--husband still trying to live it down.

#11 wyntyrose  OFFLINE  

wyntyrose

Army wife

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 9, 2007 - 1:04 pm

Best: Edwardian Hat and matching cape WOW Worst:summer sausage still shake my head at that

#12 biomajor  OFFLINE  

biomajor

Michelle

• 6,332 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Sep 9, 2007 - 1:31 pm

Best: Fuji S2600 a few years ago (I've upgraded to the s700 this summer--they are great cameras) Worst: Last year my MIL sent me a framed picture of herself and her husband --Nothing else, just the picture LOL

#13 zoemariesmamma  OFFLINE  

zoemariesmamma

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 538 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 9, 2007 - 4:31 pm

best: a record from a fellow gottadealer from my childhood that i could not find to save my life! had the best time sharing it with my little girl worst: a leather jacket..from my parents of all people I am a vegetarian and go out of my way to find animal friendly products it really is the thought that counts but this was a easy one for everyone gift no thought involved

#14 alleyc  OFFLINE  

alleyc

I'm Banned

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 251 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Sep 22, 2007 - 8:10 pm

Worst- My First Christmas w/ Husband I got a sweater Vest that had a Giant Panda on it Best- My Dad Got me a life size Stocking filled with toys! I was 7..

#15 guilliam  OFFLINE  

guilliam

• 2,092 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 23, 2007 - 5:02 am

Best- Almost everything I've ever gotten except.... Worst- Anything mil gets me, (we don't get along and every year she would get me a soap gift basket even after dh told her I am allergic to them and have to use certain soaps, nothing scented. Of course my sister LOVED it cause I always gave them to her. But we don't talk to her anymore:gdclap: (loooong story) so no more soap):g_dance: :lolrun: :woot2:

#16 nirvana4all  OFFLINE  

nirvana4all

Sentient Program Operator

• 1,417 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Sep 23, 2007 - 7:49 am

Best: Edwardian Hat and matching cape WOW
Worst:summer sausage still shake my head at that

As a side gift, my family always gets the children summer sausage and hickory farms sweet and sour sauce. Then we all cut it up and microwave it and it is a delicious treat. It is not our main gift, but it is a nice treat we all look forward to each year.

My worst is an R&B cd a friend got me...I like about everything but Rap, R&B, and Opera.
A computer can only be as smart as the person running it. :crash:

#17 candlesbytammy1  OFFLINE  

candlesbytammy1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 178 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 24, 2007 - 5:10 am

Best: nothing specific jumps out....maybe my dog or a large stuffed penguin.....I don't ask for much so I ususally get what I want and like it all...gifts from the heart are the best Worst: a 4ft long recycled wall calendar, couldn't write on it without it tearing and when I hung it up the months started coming off...really cheaply made......also a large coffee mug filled with perfumed soaps....don't drink coffee and allergic to the soaps.

#18 Shortness  OFFLINE  

Shortness

Everybody needs love...

• 6,725 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 24, 2007 - 7:34 am

I've had a lot of 'bests', so I hate to say just one. Worst: My stepmom got me a yoga dvd that was titled something like "Lose Weight With Yoga". The lose weight part was really not appreciated, even though I wasn't heavy at the time.
If not today, maybe tomorrow...:mail:

#19 lucyismycat  OFFLINE  

lucyismycat

Hockey Mama

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Sep 24, 2007 - 8:35 am

Best: XM radio or my quilting machine w/frame Worst: an ugly wall-clock from an aunt of mine. This, after she had been to our new house and asked where I was going to hang a clock in the spare bathroom. I explained that I wasn't going to, didn't think it was necessary, etc. So she specifically writes on the gift tag/card that I was supposed to put this clock in the bathroom, and that she'd be "checking up on" me to make sure it was there. The clock went to the Salvation Army and she hasn't been to our house since then.

#20 kellane26  OFFLINE  

kellane26

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 24, 2007 - 9:25 am

Best: A cruise from my husband for just the two of us Worst: This ugly clock I got stuck with at a dirty Santa party.

#21 iloveblkfriday  OFFLINE  

iloveblkfriday

Here

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Sep 24, 2007 - 3:19 pm

worst: and this happens every year! my mom n law always gets clothes either too small or too big and I never know where to return them. best: my new computer hubby bought last year
¸.•*¨`*•.. ¸ƸӜƷ
═╬╬═╬╬═╬¸.•*°
╬═╬╬═╬╬═╬

#22 jdrd90  OFFLINE  

jdrd90

• 1,502 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 24, 2007 - 7:02 pm

worst? this ugly clock dh bought for me at the salvation army :g_laughin :rotflol: :giggle: :sidesplit ha ha couldn't pass that one up! lol
I Believe

#23 justjessie99  OFFLINE  

justjessie99

Live....Love...Scrap!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 714 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 24, 2007 - 8:21 pm

best: digital camera worse: clothes that don't fit right or the generic/cheap toys for my kids that god know where they were purchased from.

#24 Illinoismom  OFFLINE  

Illinoismom

sometimes you have to let go

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,789 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 25, 2007 - 7:35 am

Best :::: with Family Worst ::: with out family

#25 amani  OFFLINE  

amani

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 25, 2007 - 11:28 am

MIL thought it would be great to give my daughter a pair of green & purple socks from the Children's Place with the price tag of 99cent still on the tag. I know it's the thought that counts, and she was able to wear them proudly. :o in the dirt :shock: JUST KIDDING ABOUT THE DIRT!
Smile, you never know who is watching you! :)

#26 mdcrim  OFFLINE  

mdcrim

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 156 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 25, 2007 - 5:22 pm

Don't know about best/ worst received, but the worst gift I ever gave was a toilet monster for my FIL one year:

http://www.prankplac...iletmonster.htm

He loved it!

#27 jax81772  OFFLINE  

jax81772

• 1,546 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 25, 2007 - 5:44 pm

Worst.... The used baskets my sister in law gave me for the last 3 years for EVERY holiday... bday and christmas. I know they were Longabeger... but they werent in great shape... and my house is done in Ducks and Dogs... no froo froo baskets.... lol.. I used them to put paper plates in... but... I finally traded them to my cousin (who collects the baskets) for her gently used entertainment center to hold my new tv... so in the end it turned out to be the best gift.
:cool:Won't catch me without my FANCY PANTS!!!

#28 PeachieKeen  OFFLINE  

PeachieKeen

• 1,145 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 26, 2007 - 4:40 am

Worst: (The first year that my dad decided to do his own shopping instead of having my aunt do it for him) He bought me a Sunglass & Watch set....it wouldn't have been so bad if it wasn't a men's set......dad's....you gotta love em...:2roller: Best: My sewing machine!!

#29 satidwell  OFFLINE  

satidwell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 157 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 26, 2007 - 6:22 am

Worst: The silverware drawer holder from my dh Still don't know what he was thinking Best: The mothers neckalace I had wanted for about 5 yrs and finally got (the same year as the worst)

#30 cleverbffool  OFFLINE  

cleverbffool

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 421 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 26, 2007 - 8:18 am

best: engagement ring worst:a neighbors gift that we had given our neighbor the previous year still wrapped in our paper and the gift tag placed over our old one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users