Back room tools

sponie

I don't know if anyone has already posted this, but is the "back room" at larger Sears stores well known? We have one here in Green Bay, and my wife and I take full advantage. This one is near the catalog pick up area, and is the place where the miscellaneous parts for washing machines and vacuum cleaners are displayed. The room is also stocked with reconditioned Craftsman tools. They have everything imaginable in there (but not always at the same time). I'm getting a cordless hammerdrill for Christmas that she only spent $42.00 on. They also have sale days where all reconditioned tools are 5 - 15% off, and occational breaks on the cordless.

Just an FYI, I hope it helps somebody out.

• 2 weeks later...

We have that, too, except during tax season. It's at the Racine, WI mall and there's a small nook that they usually have 3 tables full of refurbs and returns. It's between automotive and the offices.

During tax season, they have an in-house tax service and this stuff disappears for a couple of months.

We used to have one in Denton, TX but if it still exists, they won't let anyone back there now. I used to buy all kinds of stuff. I got a vacuum for $50, and a beat up window unit for my aunt at 90% off. They would almost give stuff away back there. I got my washer for over 1/2 as well. Sadly, I think it went away a couple of years ago.

• 1 month later...

How would you find out if your Sears had this? Ask a manager if they have refurb parts and tools for sale in their repair department?

You can ask someone. It might take two or three people before you find someone who will tell you where it is, if they have it.

Off topic, but Kmart does something similar with merchandise. The call it 605 and its damaged items or displays. Some stores will admit to it, and some won't. If you can get someone to let you in on the secret, you can get some great buys.