LTD commoditites

kodis97

has anyone ever done buisness with these people? i got a catalog and went online to see what something would cost with shippping and i put it in my cart and hit proceed to checkout just to see a total and next thing i knew it said "thanks for your order. your items will be shipped in 10-14 buisness days":eyepoppin

i didnt even pay for the stupid thing and they are sending it to me! lol! and i didnt put in my social security number, debit card,or nothing! what the heck is going on?

is the shipping outrageous?

Not too bad... We've ordered from them at least 4 times.

Much of the items they sell is the standard made-in-China stuff that no one needs. I personally refer to it as the "Book of Crap".

In addition to taking a while to ship, they are sometimes out of stock and that can delay that portion of your order up to two months.

oh ok. thank u guys so much! i may just go ahead with the order. my mom has a small canteen and they had a 3 compartment steam table for $69.xx that she liked, so i am gonna call them tomorrow or tuesday and confirm shipping and i may go ahead and get it. thanks

that sucks since it is long distance! lol! oh well! i am just gonna wait and see what happens!

How about Skype?

We placed an order with them and I had to call to cancel it since they were out of stock on the item and it was going to be a 9 week wait. I got through in about 3 minutes... Maybe I'm just living right?

I personally have found them to be very high in their shipping, lets say you order 5 items, it is possible that all 5 items will be shipped together or may be shipped individually...which in that case they charge you for each item shipped (the order I made was twice as much in shipping as the items and it took months to get the complete order) I haven't dealt with them in a long time because their affliate Lakeside Collection carries about 90% of what LTD has and the shipping is based on amount of the order and very reasonable. I have had very good experience with Lakeside and their ordering, this was not the case with LTD

Lakeside collection has very similar catalogs as LTD and ABC distributing, but normal shipping rates. Orders take a little while. You might try them as well.

Lakeside Collection is the same company as LTD and ABC. The silliest thing is, if you order something from LTD lr ABC and they say it's out of stock, you can still order it from Lakeside, and (most of the time) they have it in stock.

I have found that Lakeside ships a little quicker than the other two, but with Lakeside you pay when you order, and you pay a standard shipping amount, whether they ship it in 1 box or 5 boxes. With ABC and LTD, if they ship in 5 different boxes, you're paying shipping charges 5 times.

Yes, I too have had HORRIBLE experiences with LTD - but much better experience with Lakeside. I like that they actually ship items in a somewhat timely manner - and that you pay when you order and pay one amount for shipping. I dont find their shipping to be especially high - especially for larger items. I would recommend Lakeside MUCH more highly that LTD!!

I have to post about LTD. Their CS is, by far, the crappiest I have ever experienced. I have always thought their shipping was outrageous. AND...they always tend to ship your order piece by piece. They have to make a killing off of shipping prices. The last order I tried to place kept coming back as "fraudulant" so of course I freaked, thinking that someone else used my account. I called CS and was on hold LONG distance for 30 minutes! IN addition, girls I work with have ordered from them and continued to get overdue bills long after the item was paid for.

I have ordered from Lakeside only once. I will order from them again, but never LTD.