Christmas Tree Lights... White or Colored????

jarerice

I have white lights now, but I like the multi-colors as well. The nice thing about the white ones though is they don't overpower the colors of the ornaments ( and I have overload on ornaments). I'm trying to figure out whether to do white or multi-color if I do the tree outside this year!

• 2 weeks later...
My DH decorates outside with multi-colored and most of the trees inside are in multi-colored. One tree is decorated in purple and gold, and it has all purple lights. My daughter has a purple tinsel tree for her room with purple lights, and my son has a matching blue one for his room with blue lights. Yes, I know, I have an addiction to Christmas trees.....:holiday07

We do both. First I string the small white lights and then we string the larger color lights. It looks so pretty. Because we get a real tree I only plug the white lights in for the afternoon and late at night and when the kids are up or we have company I plug them all in. It is really neat with both, it gives the tree two different looks :)

We do both. First I string the small white lights and then we string the larger color lights. It looks so pretty. Because we get a real tree I only plug the white lights in for the afternoon and late at night and when the kids are up or we have company I plug them all in. It is really neat with both, it gives the tree two different looks

That is a great idea. I might try that this year.

"We do both. First I string the small white lights and then we string the larger color lights. It looks so pretty. Because we get a real tree I only plug the white lights in for the afternoon and late at night and when the kids are up or we have company I plug them all in. It is really neat with both, it gives the tree two different looks"

wonder if that is a MA thing? We have a prelit tree with all white and we add the multi colored strings to it. I definitley like the gingerbread house effected the colored lights give.

I have a white tree, do you suggest color or white lights??

Ooh, an all white tree with solid color lights would be really pretty!

We're all white lights at our house except for one strand around the center of one tree, that's red. I am liking the idea of all white lights with some bigger, colored lights on the outside of the tree, tho.

If DH had his way, the lights would look like they were choking the tree, you wouldn't see any actual branches, just outlines of them covered in wires. :yup:

I LOOOOOVE COLORED!!! Me and my BF have a fight every christmas on which one. We have kids so... I win!!! Last year was first year we put lights on the house and it was awesome its brick on the front so it looked like a gingerbread house. I love to see them blink to, I guess I'm a kid at heart and LOVE christmas decor.:holiday01

...Yep, we have a tree in every room except the bathrooms. LOL Do you tink I could find a way to put trees in there? hmmmmmm.....:tongue1:

We did! I have a small travel-themed tree in our guest bathroom. I use all of the ornaments that we've collected on vacations on that tree. It makes it a little easier when traveling to know exactly what kind of souvenir I'm going to get, and ornaments take up less space than t-shirts! :)