What is a good Christmas Idea for Uncles

I have been trying to think of things to give my uncles for Christmas for awhile now and I just can't think of anything...I got the aunts bath and body works soap,bodywash and lotion..I know that it sounds like a lot but I got it at their semi anual sale so I got them dirt cheap...I have 7 uncles to buy for..any ideas would be great..I know that its early but I have to start x mas shopping early or their might not be a x mas..my DH might be loosing his job :(

I have been trying to think of things to give my uncles for Christmas for awhile now and I just can't think of anything...I got the aunts bath and body works soap,bodywash and lotion..I know that it sounds like a lot but I got it at their semi anual sale so I got them dirt cheap...I have 7 uncles to buy for..any ideas would be great..I know that its early but I have to start x mas shopping early or their might not be a x mas..my DH might be loosing his job :(

So sorry to hear about the hubby losing his job. :no: Start planning ahead now just in case.

I can never figure out what to get anyone in my family either, except my wife who usually tells me exactly what she wants. I usually just buy a gift box for everyone. Food for the men and bath products for the women.

My Target still has a lot of those father's day gift sets back in the men's dept--stuff like binoculars and tie organizers and bendy book lights and stuff. Last time I lookes (Monday) they were 50% off and depending on the item that made them pretty cheap

• 4 weeks later...

i recently bought a pack of poker chips for my old man last week and got it with a $63 discount too (they gave me the discount code in the checkout ) i think your uncles will like it; the store is called collectablesmania and the discount code is ZBDC29CM.

you could get single chips for each of your uncles..... :yup:

• 4 weeks later...
Ever Consider Lounge Pants? My Brothers Wouldnt Be Caught Dead In Pajamas But The Character Or Sports Related Ones Are Always A Big Hit..not Jus Your Ordinary Sweatpants...most Discount Stores..i.e. Walmart,target, Kmart Have Them In Anything From Wwf,beer Types To Nascar..pair Them With A Plain Short Or Long Sleeve Tee Shirt..

Our uncles (of varying ages) pretty much have everything they would use. We usually do things like Gift Cards to an auto parts store, like Schucks, etc. You don't have to go big either, it helps with oil changes, etc. Otherwise, we do a food basket--jerky, nuts, chocolates... You can go to a butcher shop/meat place and get some really good jerky and pepperoni.

okay, I'm really cheap when it comes to my uncles... but we have one of those big family Christmas where everyone exchanges presents with everyone. It gets expensive! I never speak to my uncles except at Christmas and MAYBE Thanksgiving, so I don't feel compelled to get them a lot or spend a lot. Besides, they know we have small children, and their annual salary is 2-3 times what ours is.

One year I bought them calenders from the 99 cent store. They had the brand new Sports Illustrated calenders out. Got them the desk and wall model. I think I threw in some chocolates or some food treats, too.

One year I bought a couple $5.50 movies from Walmart for one. Got a gift card for the other for some food.

Last year I picked up the Chik Fil A calender full of coupons for one, along with a gift card. Great thing about Chik Fil A coupons is they NEVER expire (they say they do, but they still take them), you can use them ANYTIME (i.e. you can use the June coupons in January) and all Chik Fil A accepts their coupons at any store. So even if you get coupons good for only one store, they will take them at all Chik Fil As.

Looking to buy more coupon calenders this year, maybe get one or two different restaurants coupon books this time (Farmer Boys has them here too) . Maybe a Starbucks gift card, or $10-15 gift card for a meal or two out (like at Quiznos, In-and-Out, etc).

Honestly I also watch the freebies board, too. One year I got a super nice Thomas Kinkaid scarf for free. Gave it to my grandmother for Christmas. It was her favorite present that year. I got a nice architectual book for my aunt one Christmas, and my sister some magazine subs. They may be free, but they are still nice gifts.

Hmm stack up your CVS bucks and you can buy freebie items there for your uncles, too. (I really am cheap when it comes to some things, aren't I?)

My uncles are aging from 30-50 thanks for ALL the ideas they I'm thinking of doing some of them but I am also thinking of making them a cookie bouqets because we always make the cookies so why not just decorate them up in to something neat..I will give them those unless im not happy with them and then give other things too..

You might want to check with an inexpensive magazine subscription...I forget how to access them, check in the online forum...they can be really inexpensive!

If they are hunters or like the outdoors, then Best Deal Magazines will have Field & Stream as their "Deal of the Day" magazine for $3.99 this Saturday (Oct 20th). Use code QPON15OFF for an additional 15%, making it $3.39 for a one year subscription. Other coupon codes available are:

MQRSS610 $15 off $75

MQPSS610 $10 off $50

MNDCJ225 $5 off $30

In the past I have done baked goods, candy, calenders, summer sausage (hunting husband, lol), homemade jelly & honey baskets. They really liked the jelly and fresh honey. They also like the baked goods (you know what they say about the way to a man's heart, lol). I really like the movie theme basket and the wallet with a gift card ideas, but I am REALLY cheap as I try to stay around $5 each unless it is a drawn name, then we have a $25 limit.

My in-laws are awful to shop for. I never know what to get them!

This year, we're doing gift baskets...that we're making ourselves. My SIL has said she's bored, so we're buying her brain teasers and such (plus pens/pencils, and a big fleece blanket) so she can curl up and do the puzzles.

Might be a fun idea for the Uncles. :)

Another idea is the 31pc screwdriver set posted on this site (I think it's under Online Deals) - you order the set on sale for $10 - and then Google check out gives new customers $10 free at checkout so it's FREE - I ordered 2 (registered both of my email accounts). Check out the post!

If your uncle drinks coffee, how about gc to Dunkin Donuts, Starbucks or some other coffee place that is around you or if you have either of these how about a bag of fresh ground coffee from these places. A couple of years ago I bought my dad and uncle each a bag of regular roast Dunkin Donuts coffee ground up while I was there. They also have flavored beans such as hazelnut, french vanilla, etc. This would go well with home made cookies or bread (banana, cranberry, etc.)

Ugh...I have the same problem each year! My only uncle really likes those little hand held electronic games and he collects tractors. I would like to switch things up a bit so he doesn't know what to expect....I might have to use some of these ideas! Thanks!!

In 1999 I gave the new Quarter Proof coin sets from the US Mint. Huge Hit! This year I will be giving the 2007 Presidential Dollar Proof Set. It's only $14.95 from usmint.gov, with $4.95 shipping for all the sets I buy. My relatives weren't coin collectors in 1999, but now they are.Goodluck, Sgklee

My uncles are aging from 30-50 thanks for ALL the ideas they I'm thinking of doing some of them but I am also thinking of making them a cookie bouqets because we always make the cookies so why not just decorate them up in to something neat..I will give them those unless im not happy with them and then give other things too..

I know in my family the homebaked goods are always the biggest hits, I think you have a wonderful idea there

the uncles that I buy for are fairly young or young at heart - I plan to get them the new rubic's revolution handheld game ....

I think that they will have lots of fun with them (Mr Competitive to a man) and gives my kids the chance to play too!

Amazon has them for around 13$ now.. but perhaps they will be a BF item.