Uhaul Code

Hello everyone,

I have to move next week and I am looking to rent a uhaul. It is kind of expensive and I was hoping someone had a discount code or something to help lower the cost.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I just moved from FL to Maine! I used Penske, I had to travel an hour to take it back but for the money I saved it was worth the time!

Uhaul for a 26' truck was $3800 and another $648 for the car hauler! Then add on the insurance (it's worth it believe me!) and you get up around $5000 well for that you can hire movers to do it for you!!!!

Penske was a grand total of $2028 for the 26' truck and car hauler, insurance, a dolly, and 2 dozen furniture pads!!!! Their trucks use diesel fuel and get better gas mileage. The trucks don't ride the best, no air ride seat but for the money saved go get a massage!

Penske was easy to deal with, drop off was done during off hours and they had a drop box for the keys. If you go to movingorbit.com Penske will give you 10% off OR if you are a AAA member they give you 15% off the cost of the truck etc! OR call 1-800-276-1026 and ask for Ashley, tell her you got info on the net and want the best possible price! She was great and it was nice to just deal with one person....if I had any problems I could just call her direct line....never had a problem though but I did change my pickup day and time with NO problem!! she works M-F from noon to 8:30pm...I think they work on commission but don't know! Anyway she was great! and gave me a 'deal'....

Good Luck with your move! I am now trying to unpack!!

The Penske truck we used (brand new) had a speed limiter on it that damn near made it dangerous to drive. I'll never rent another.

To the OP: try to play with the pickup and dropoff dates if you can. Also check other uhaul locations. I found that if I drove 30 minutes to pick up the truck it dropped the price by $500! IT all depends on where the trucks are sitting. If they have extra they cut the price.

The Penske truck we had a governor on it as well that was set to 72 mph which is plenty fast for the weight/braking ratio. Most people who aren't used to driving a large truck don't realize that it takes so long to stop one of those big heavy trucks. The UHaul we rented to move to FL 4 years ago was set at 60 mph it was a LONG trip down and NYC at 60 is crazy and could cause an accident for going so slow through there! I would imagine most every company has a governor on their trucks as they don't want you going 80 mph in their trucks as it is dangerous!

• 10 months later...

The Penske truck we used (brand new) had a speed limiter on it that damn near made it dangerous to drive. I'll never rent another.

To the OP: try to play with the pickup and dropoff dates if you can. Also check other uhaul locations. I found that if I drove 30 minutes to pick up the truck it dropped the price by $500! IT all depends on where the trucks are sitting. If they have extra they cut the price.

How would you do a search on this?