Safeway buy 10 items get $25 gift card-major score!--Expired

meetooo

I'll try to make this as simple as possible.

Purchase ten participating pepsi items and get a $25 gift card (any of them at safeway). The certificate for the gift card prints out when purchase is complete.

Qualifying items include the 12oz fridgepacks of pop, and lays chips. At the same time, they have a buy two-get two free fridgepacks (plus a free 24 pk of refreshe bottle water-limit 2 free water packs). Some areas also have $10 off purchase of $50 (before deductions this comes to over $50).

So, this is how it worked out for me after scanning the club card:

4 pepsi fridgepacks (they each had .55 off coupons for sierra mist fridgepacks on the box- a stickie coupon, which i was able to double).--$10.98

4 sierra mist fridgepacks---------------------$10.98

2 24-packs refreshe water------------------- free

2 lays chips---------------------------------$5.00

(i also purchased a solo 20 oz diet pop for me)$1.39

Sales Tax-----------------------------------$1.05

---------

less the $4.40 in coupons

less the $10 off $50 purchase (they go by your amount before using the club card).

Totals Savings Value $49.32 (club card plus deductions)

-------

Total Charge $15.00

So, I spent $15, got all that stuff, plus a $25 gift card to use the next time. It says limit of one gift card, but I'm going to use my boyfriend's card and do it tomarrow again!

PLUS I got the $25 gift certificate. I chose a Safeway one, but there were many many to choose from! Whew, what a deal! :eyepoppin

Participating stores are at the bottom of this page http://shop.safeway.com/superstore/default.asp?brandid=1&page=corphome (Vons, Safeway, etc), and the participating items are on page 1, and page 7 in both promotions... be careful, the ones that work on the $25 gift card are not all the same as all the buy 2-get 2 brands.

So I was also able to do this BUT...little problems.

I got:

2 Pepsi

2 Sierra Mist

1 Diet Sierra Mist

1 Wild Cherry Pepsi

1 Diet Pepsi

1 Mug Root Beer

The guy who rang it up only rang up 6 of them, so I then only got 2 for free.

I also had the 2 cases of water in my cart and he charged them to me.

I ended up having to go to the service desk to get everything straightened out. Checker there, counted 7 rung out (actually only 6 though). So she charged for 1 Sierra Mist, then gave me the $10.58 credit and then also $7.98 for the water. Ended up with $13.81 or so back.

DID get the $25 gift card but wouldn't give me the $10.00 for spending $50. I did get a .10 gas deduction. WOO HOO!!!

funny how you were able to get the $25 but didn't have ten items, and the wild cherry pepsi isn't on that deal. lol I found the best deal was 8 pops, and two bags of lays chips for the ten items (the pops that count for the $25 card are pepsi (diet too), sierra mist (diet too), mug (not diet) and mountain dew (not diet). if you got two, you also got two free and one water (those types included the wild cherry, etc). the limit was two free waters.

I did this deal four times yesterday. 32 half-cases of pop, 8 cases of water and 8 bags of chips. I paid $48 total, and got $100 in gift cards. not bad... heh heh. the free water was definately limited to two (unless you have more than one club card available). but the gift card deal is one you can do over and over on one card. My mom couldn't get it to work either, but then she had a diet mug in her cart.

Also, i discovered to get the ten dollars off, do NOT put in your club card information until it totals. then HAND the ten off coupon to the person and put in your card information. they'll take it every time if you do it that way. NOTE: if you qualified for the .10 gas deduction, you obviously went over $50. lol

all pepsi products for the buy two/get two free... not for the $25 gift card. there is small print on the bottom of the blurb on it in the ad, about which kind for the gift card.

The $10 off was in the oregonian newspaper from tuesday, and in addition, in SW wa, we get a home delivered paper called "neighbors" each wednesday that has the coupon. some safeways have these at the checkstand and will scan it as a courtesy, but i have seen this SELDOM happen.

Don't forget about the Summer Savers promotion too. I know that the Pepsi 12packs qualify for it. The deal id spend $30 on thousands of participating items, and get a $10 coupon to Safeway. I have already gotten this twice as the promotion is good until July 5th. All the items are marked on the shelf tag as being a Summer Saver promo item. So you should be able to get both rewards.

I remember seeing that in my Dominick's ad too that started yesterday. Planned to go tonight and get some!

EDIT: We did! We ended up buying 12-12 packs and 2 bags of tostitos, plus 2 12 pks of water and some cheese that was one sale.

In the end, we got 6 free 12 packs, 2 12 pks of water and $2 off the cheese, as well as the $25 gift card and a coupon for 10 cents off per gallon.

So we spent $35 and got $30 back. Not bad!

OK here in IL we have Dominicks...I was able to use the deal successfully 6 times with a few cards for me and BF.

First trip

8 12pks Dt Mt Dew 19.96

2 free cases of water

2 bags tostitos 5.00

1 jar of salsa (FREE)

Total 26.34 after taxes

2nd order

8 12pks Caffeine free pepsi 19.96

2 free cases water

2 bags Lays 5.00

Total 26.66 after taxes

Can't understand why the 2nd is cheaper, but oh well

Then I went to look at gift cards, and they had a $50 for Southwest airlines, so I asked the customer service desk in I could do a $50 with 2 coupons and she said lets see...It worked! We repeated the orders 4 more times...So I now have 150.00 in SW cards...need airfare for our December trip! Awesome deals! We also did flavored pepsi products on a few of the orders and it worked!

Ok...went back, got 8 more cases of soda and got another $25 gift card. Tried combining for the southwest card (got a trip planned myself!) and customer service REFUSED. In fact, they couldn't believe that I got two seperate print outs. She made me spend on just the $25 cards (which was fine) but then on the second, made me use my mom's phone. DUMB!!! Oh well, got a Kohl's card and then also a Safeway card (which CLEARLY says on the paper that a Safeway card was prohibited!

Ok...went back, got 8 more cases of soda and got another $25 gift card. Tried combining for the southwest card (got a trip planned myself!) and customer service REFUSED. In fact, they couldn't believe that I got two seperate print outs. She made me spend on just the $25 cards (which was fine) but then on the second, made me use my mom's phone. DUMB!!! Oh well, got a Kohl's card and then also a Safeway card (which CLEARLY says on the paper that a Safeway card was prohibited!

But the fine print in the advertisement has no mention of not being good at safeway... just Vons. I have noticed with my own experience in this deal, and my mother's, that the dollar amounts are often different-even when purchasing the same items over and over... and that it is YMMV, depending on who your cashier is and which Safeway you go to. I'm still trying to figure out how to do this AND the $10 Summer Savers promotion, which I hear works for some people.

OK here in IL we have Dominicks...I was able to use the deal successfully 6 times with a few cards for me and BF.

First trip

8 12pks Dt Mt Dew 19.96

2 free cases of water

2 bags tostitos 5.00

1 jar of salsa (FREE)

Total 26.34 after taxes

2nd order

2 free cases water

2 bags Lays 5.00

Total 26.66 after taxes

The second might be cheaper because you have to pay the recycle fee on the 48 bottles of water>>

First trip

8 12pks Dt Mt Dew 19.96

2 free cases of water

2 bags tostitos 5.00

1 jar of salsa (FREE)

Total 26.34 after taxes

2nd order

2 free cases water

2 bags Lays 5.00

Total 26.66 after taxes

The second might be cheaper because you have to pay the recycle fee on the 48 bottles of water>>

No here in IL we dont pay recycle fees or deposits! Maybe the coupon for free salsa took off more!

Quick question - for those getting the free water/gift card more than once, did you have to do them on different cards? I went Sat & got 8 cases soda, 2 waters, and 2 bags of Lay's. Now, can I go & do them again on the same card?

KJF:

I was able to use the same card....however the manager had a fit when I tried to redeem for the gift cards because they said that it was only good 1 time per Safeway card. Worked for me though. GOOD LUCK!!

Now I currently have 16 cases of soda, 4 cases of water, 4 bags of chips and 2 gift cards!

WHAT A DEAL!!

Ok, it would seem you CAN do the $25 deal multiple times (just did it today) but the water is good only one time per card.

I was able to REALLY score today:

10 tostitos @ 2/$5-- (the flour tostitos chips are very good)- took off the peelie coupon on bags for 1 free tostitos brand salsa or queso cheese dip for two bags purchased.

5 tostitos dips (free with the coupons from above)

-------

This qualified me for the $25 giftcard, then I added for the $10 Summer Saver

1 safeway brand ice cream-$3 (summer saver promotion)

1 skippy honey peanutbutter-$2 (summer saver promotion)

----------

It came to $30, minus the $10 off of $50 - (which comes off of the before-club card total).

SO, for $20, I got all those items, and received $35 back for my future shopping. Got ONE more $10 off $50, so will do it one more time. I can't use all those chips, but will donate them somewhere. Just getting the free dip is worth it (not to mention making money on the deal as well. Tomorrow is the last day of the promotion~~!

The $10 off of $30 Summer Saver promotion goes until July 8 (I believe= will double check on the date). The think I found is to try to combine manufacturer's coupons with sale items, that are on this promotion (look for the gold/yellow "summer savers" tag on shelf). This is the best way to get this promotion.