Chemicals for Swimming Pools

Where is the best place for price and quality to get pool chemicals for an above ground pool? We moved just before Thanksgiving and our new home has a pool and we don't know much about taking care of them and we need to know where to get good chemicals and hopefully get a good deal on them.

ANyone with experience that wants to give us tips on opening, cleaning, etc it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

It depends on the type of chemicals you plan on using. There are different deals you can get online, or check you local pool supply store. I know of 2 stores in my area that offer pre-season sales - with up to 25% off chemicals and supplies. We use Baquacil it's non-Chlorine -- I usually buy enough for the season.

I also buy my chemicals from Sam's. Your local pool store may have "classes" on how to take care of your pool. That is a big help. Not sure how big your pool is, but, depending on where you live, it might be ecomonical to use a pool service. My cousin lives in AZ and he paid 30-40 a month for someone to come in. In my area, they charge 75 per trip and the cost of chemicals. Buy the strips that measure your sanitizer etc..