Need Ideas For Son's School Auction Basket

My son's school has an auction every year to raise money for special needs equipment. Each classroom puts together a theme basket to be auctioned off. The class members donate the items in the basket. This year my son's preschool class's theme is Pasta. I'm assuming that most kids will bring in pasta noodles of some kind so I am trying to come up with something different (but not too expensive as dh is on a temporary 12 week layoff;) I thought about the Pasta Express thing they sell as seen on tv, anyone have experience with it?

What would you put in it?

Thanks!:D

What about a pasta bowl & utencils? Other suggestions: Oil dipping set (I saw some nice sets @ target) -- Cheese grater -- Italian Spices -- Red/White table cloth with Italian style paper napkins & utencils. You could have a lot of fun with this. You may also ask a local grocery store to donate a $5 of $10 gift certificate.

How about calling a couple of Italian restaurants and asking for a gift certificate? If you explain to the manager what the certificate is for they might be happy to donate.

Also I would include some sauces in the basket. Also maybe you can find an Italian cookbook or speciality magazine to include.

How about calling a couple of Italian restaurants and asking for a gift certificate? If you explain to the manager what the certificate is for they might be happy to donate.

Also I would include some sauces in the basket. Also maybe you can find an Italian cookbook or speciality magazine to include.

Great idea!

My son's school did this a few years ago, and one of the baskets was a pasta basket, so I'm trying to remember what was in it. How about a pasta pot....the kind with the strainer lid. Sometimes you can find those pretty cheap (like at Famliy Dollar or somewhere like that). Napkins, aprons, with Italian themes, olive oil or flavored oils, dipping sauces (already mentioned, I think), Music to go with your dinner? The bottled grape juice that looks like wine? How about some lira (Italian money...or are they on the euro now, too?...You used to be able to get a few thousand lira for a few $$ at the bank. It would be kind of a cool decorative thing.) There are other kinds of pasta besides spaghetti and lasagna, how about some unusual pastas like tortellini? There are some that are shaped like college logos,etc.. A bread kit/mix for italian bread. Ok, I've run out of ideas.