Upcoming Dell Coupons

Brad

We just got this e-mail from the Dell Affiliate team:

"Dear Valued Affilaites:

We just wanted to give you a heads up that we will be having some great system offers that will run Thursday 1/6/05 6:00am through Monday 1/10/05 5:59am.

We will send more details as soon as we have them. Be assured that these offers will be much richer than our standard site promotions, and better than our most recent affiliate coupons."

Of course we'll post the coupons as soon as we get them. :yelclap:

Looking for two well established computers with a budget of $3000.

These will not be gaming computers, but instead they will be performance computers used to run various applications.

Fast processor/ram/sata hard drive, as well as a cd-rw is required. It would be nice to also have a floppy drive, all in one drive, dvd or dvd-rw drive as a second drive.

Also, two lcd flat panel monitors, either 17 or 19 will do.

This does not need to be purchased for another 2 months, but if these deals are good, then they will be purchased now, as apposed to down the road. Do you expect to see better deals in the next few months?

I got the feeling last night and dismissed it but now I have the sinking feeling I may have been right. Any chance Dell floated that email just to get people to hold off and not use the DELLf coupons? Just looking at what's out there now, Dell's deals on thier website look worse than what they had a few days ago.

Ok, Im confused. Someone please help before I explode! LOL The link Ross provided is for only 10% off which is only half of what the majority of the Delf coupons were. Ok, so it says stackable, but what do you stack it with? The description says only one coupon may be applied at checkout. So, whats this huge deal? and how can I get myself a new notebook for a really good price?

I tried to enter a DELLf coupon and got the missing requirements message. I have no idea how Dell does it...is it possible that they might be sending more deals in the next few hours? Unless (and hopefully someone here can answer this) it is stackable on top of the $200 rebate, these deals aren't much better than what they normally offer on their own website. And to think I passed up a 20% off coupon, free printer, and free internal wireless card thinking today's deals would be something close to the fall deals...

I hate to be cynical about these deals, but I have been watching the Dell coupons, sales, etc for a long long time. They are masters at this game and it's not easy to find a TRULY good deal. Free this, free that, save 10%, $100-150 rebates, save $500, free shipping, free double whatevers, stackable, not stackable, ... they have more combos than Burger King. :rant:

My approach with Dell is to price out a system and then keep track of what the total bottom line delivered price is. Over time you will learn what a REAL sale looks like.

Personally, I jumped on a Dell deal a while back when "the planets aligned" just right and there was a $500 coupon to boot. The coupon wasn't stackable and the real net savings ended up to be about $250.

Sometimes the Dell Home sales prices are lower than Dell Small Business but usually the Small Business bottom line is 10% (or more) cheaper than the Home prices -- don't ask me why, they just are. :squint:

It ain't easy, and Dell isn't in the business to lose money. I've also learned over the years that, no matter what computer system (part or peripheral) you buy, there will be a better, faster, and much cheaper one announced within days or weeks of yours being delivered.

Oh oh, my e-mail chime just announced the arrival of a new Dell Deal message. Let's see what they have up their sleeves today. My wife wants a new computer so it's time to start the cycle all over again. :fedora:

Any chance that someone has a good coupon for an Inspiron 8600?

No, but that's what I bought my son for Christmas. It had $612 in savings and it's awesome--I upgraded the video card to the 128 card and it plays doom 3 and Everquest 2 fantastically!! It also has a DVD burner so maybe eventually I'll get around to burning these pics to a DVD and making a slide show from them. I say eventually because the desktop has had a DVD burner for 2 years and I still haven't done it LOL

Rossman,

It'll probably be a Dell 4700 ... I am not a fan of the "entry level" Dells like the 3000 at all -- they are just too basic a system from the inside out. If Dell pops up with a really good deal on their 8000 series systems, that might be the way I go.

I'm in no hurry and maybe the right combo will come along from Dell in the next few weeks. It's sort of like a treasure hunt ! :2roller:

Right now the 4700 with a 17" LCD (ultrasharp version with DVI) and an upgraded video card and a decent configuration of other goodies included can be had for about $800 from the Small Business division.

LCD monitor prices are dropping like dead flys in the Wintertime. No problem finding the simpler 17" LCD's for right at $200 these days.

BigBob,

It sounds like you know your stuff :)

I personally own a Dimension 4600 which is my main rig, great machine. My only gripe is the case sucks compared to the previous generation 45xx which was a clamshell design. Other than that it's not entry level (3000) nor is it expensive/bleeding edge technology (8400/XPS).

I've seen loaded 4700 for $499 after rebate and 17" LCDs (analog only - no DVI) for $200. So around $700-$800 is a good ballpark for a beefy machine which should easily give you 5+ years.

Of course us hard core Hot Dealers always get the itch to upgrade after 12 months ;)